Rear Bumper Options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I've been looking around for a replacment rear bumper, but I'm not finding a whole lot. I've looked at CCOT, MAF and SOR, but the only thing that I've found available are those tube bumpers...and I don't like them much.

I like DocB's rear bumper with the side step/protection bar, but can't seem to find it commercially.

Any suggestions?

(when will the "Lovingly" rear bumperbe ready? :D Come on Jim!)

(as for the front bumper, I should be getting an ARB bullbar by the end of the year, hopefully...so I'd want something to compliment that)

Boston Mangler had a real nice 60 series rear bumper he made, and I think the specs are up on his website. Check his sig line.

I second the "Lovingly" rear bumper project!! Any ideas or concept bumpers in the works Jim?

I really like the 4x4 Labs rear bumper, but with the price...yikes...they bumper would be worth 2/3 of the cost of my truck. :eek:

I really need to find a local fab guy...

I liked the one that stout-stuff had on their site as well (through BostonMangler's site) as well as the Iron Pig bumper...haven't decided if I want a rear tire carrier or not (as of right now, that's not in the budget, however...so I'm guessing not...)

Kaymar makes a skookum looking bumper for the 60 series. Think I saw it on TLC's website. My 62 had this one, or something very similar, when I bought it.

87CRUSR said:
I second the "Lovingly" rear bumper project!! Any ideas or concept bumpers in the works Jim?

Jim, we're calling you out, dude...time to step up!

Oh, also, I checked the slee site and didn't see anything...Christo seems to stick with the 80 and 100 (pink panty) rides. :D Nice stuff though!

Just found the one at Slee after some digging...

The diamond plate really puts me off of the Kaymar.

I'm liking that Iron Pig design more and more...seems like if you could find someone local, you could just add to it (something on the sides, tire carrier, jerry can rig, whatever, as you live with it and figure out your needs.)

Doesn't ARB make a rear bumper? Can't seem to find it anywhere...IIRC, Benji has one on his...

I have thought about going to a local metal fab guy and doing someting similiar to the Iron Pig bumper for the back of my 60. Not sure. I know I need a good back bumper to protect that 60series fat butt, a spare tire carrier would be good, but recovery points are more important. I thought of going with 2" box tubing and using Rockstomper's longer shackle hanger:

http://www.rockstomper.com/catalog/recovery/shackles.htm

Maybe a spare tire carrier to get it off of my safari rack if I can afford to do such. If not, just someting to protect from the wheel wells back and the rear.

I made this one for mine in about a day and about 100.00 It was pretty easy and it has a hub incase i break mine out wheelin. Still have some stuff to put on it but you get the idea.

HTH
60 rear bumper.jpg

Airborne,

Nice...when do you start selling them?!! hehehe

I'm curious where you got the pivot/pintle and the latch? Got schematics?

Swank,

Check out TheFerg's "blue box"...his was more directed to the cut quarters and protection, but he has details of his build. Worth a look for ideas.

krzyabncanuck said:
I made this one for mine in about a day and about 100.00 It was pretty easy and it has a hub incase i break mine out wheelin. Still have some stuff to put on it but you get the idea.

HTH

SOLD!

I'll send you $300 and pay shipping. :D

Hey Swank60,

Yup, I got the ARB rear, but they don't make it any more. I bet JKcustoms in Austin could make up a good one.

Cheers

swank60 said:
Just found the one at Slee after some digging...

The diamond plate really puts me off of the Kaymar.

I'm liking that Iron Pig design more and more...seems like if you could find someone local, you could just add to it (something on the sides, tire carrier, jerry can rig, whatever, as you live with it and figure out your needs.)

Doesn't ARB make a rear bumper? Can't seem to find it anywhere...IIRC, Benji has one on his...

I'd also rec' JK Customs. I don't have a pic handy but I'm happy with my bumper.

SAS said:
Airborne,

Nice...when do you start selling them?!! hehehe

I'm curious where you got the pivot/pintle and the latch? Got schematics?

Swank,

Check out TheFerg's "blue box"...his was more directed to the cut quarters and protection, but he has details of his build. Worth a look for ideas.

I grabbed these web sites from a thread a while back.
http://www.destaco.com for the clamp
and http://www.troutindustries.com/ for the pivot.

So far, I'm happy with my Rockstomper pivot. If nothing else, get his shackle mounts. They are super nice and really cheap. I got the long ones for my bumper, so they are welded on both sides of the 2x6" main bumper tube.

Also, we used a stainless 700lb De-Sta-Co latch from McMaster-Carr. I mounted it by drilling and tapping the bumper and swingarm, then just bolting it on. Simple and effective.

A friend of mine here in northern Colorado is building this for me. We're not done yet -- got the tire carrier and hi-lift mounted, but not the can carrier -- but I'll get pictures up soon...

Last edited:
A couple more ideas for you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom