Rear Axle Mod (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bustanutley said:
Nope, IFS pickups (after 86) are 3" wider than their solid axle front counterparts (before 85) And fj40 and solid axle minis are the same width. fj60 axles are 3" wider than fj40. Actually an IFS rear will prolly be closer to the same width to an fj60 front than an fj60 rear. Fj60 rears are around .5" narrower.

and no it isn't IRS, that would mean independent rear suspension; we are talking about solid rear axles. Only IRS off the top of my hear Toyota truck is the mega cruiser

Sorry I misunderstood your idea .. ( always my poor english )

I sopose you are talking about 60 series axles .. and to make a IRS from IFS.

bandy rooster said:
the axle out of a ‘66-‘77 Bronco is 58" while the cruiser one is 55" ... what would you do about the 3inches of axle? wouldn't that affect handling or something? seemy whacky mace...

go easy on me man... straight people have feelings to
I know you are cute an all but honestly I don't like long distance realtionships...

3" aint @&@&@&@&..

Front 60 axle and call it good..

Ro get some spacers..

You cannot realy ewxpect me to come up with reasonable answers from the carribbean can you????

:flipoff2:

I never get owned.. just edumacated :flipoff2:

hey 2badfj's - I was wondering what your going to do about your rear x-member? fabbing mounts from scratch? using half of the stock 205 mount and doing the rest yourself? just wondering what your up to....

for now the race is onnnn...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom