Rear airbag trick, is a 2” lift too much? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Want to do a full coil conversion eventually, but need to save some money right now. Can I just get 5100’s all the way around, 2” Lift coils in the front, and do the airbag trick in the rear to get 2” lift? Or will the ride be really crappy all the way at 2”? Looking for some feedback from anyone whose done this.

Mine is fine atm. Just waiting on spacers to be done.
Sweet glad to hear, do you remember how far you spaced the sensor down or about how much tread did you have left after putting the spacers in the height sensors? I put 7 m8 washers and I only got about .75” lift in the rear. Gonna add some more today.

I ended up bending the arms a bit, I dunno if my sensors are ****ed or what but I also couldn’t get enough lift out of washers and adjustments.

I ended up bending the arms a bit, I dunno if my sensors are f***ed or what but I also couldn’t get enough lift out of washers and adjustments.
Ah okay. After readjusting both sensors on both sides 4 times, I finally got just under 2” lift on each side and it sits about level. I used between 6-8 washers on the main big metal bracket and then slid the other sensor bolt all the way to the top pretty much. However I noticed today when my car was on idling, they adjusted on their own without me pressing any buttons. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Probably will leave them for now but just gonna do the coil conversion soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom