Rear AC and front switch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

musthave

Doc says I'm 1 in 120K. Lucky?
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Perhaps I don’t know the way that this is supposed to work, but I Think something is wrong.

When the kids turn on the rear AC/heat it works great. However I am unable to turn off from upfront. There is a rear fan light in the bottom middle however although the light is illuminated it will not let me press it to turn off the rear AC/heat.

Is this by design? Or is the switch not working for some reason?

My rear air button turns on and off the rear air from above said console switch. I leave it on auto up degrees on rear control. But i use the front button to turn rear air on only when i have my kiddo in the back seat. Hope this helps, maybe pull switch and clean contacts. Good luck!

If I understand correctly, I'm having the same issues with my A/C, Rear Heated windscreen and heated mirror buttons. I can hit any of these and they'll work 'sooner or later'....could take two pushes, could take 40 pushes.... I took the control unit out and pried it apart, hit it with quick dry electrical contact cleaner- it helped 2 of the 3 buttons, but not by a lot. It would be great if there was an idependent guy out there somewhere who could service these or rehab the units. Following your thread.

Bumping an old thread here as I’m having a similar issue. 03 Land Cruiser

I put my windshield defrost on this morning then realized the rear air was blowing with the rear air light lit up

Went to hit the “rear” button to turn it off and it’s non responsive. Stays lit up and the air doesn’t turn off.

I had to go into the back and turn it off from the panel in the back.

For what it’s worth, we’re getting a ton of rain and I did have a small amount of water on my passenger side floor mat.

Has anyone experienced this?

Have you tried deselecting “Auto” on the rear set of controls? When I do this it appears to be under control of the “Rear” button on the dash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom