Real World CURRENT mud vs AT tires (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Real world application/information by a guy who does it all and has been for a long time. The decibel reading was the most interesting. But maybe not...I recently put on a set of 275 70 18 Milestar Patagonia MT's, 36psi all 4 corners and they are significantly quieter than the AT's the PO had.

Shaun Whale (Shauno) is a great dude. His Dirty30 is a fantastic rig. He and Ronny Dahl are solid resources for info. Thanks for posting this.

I really want to get some MTs when my KO2s wear out, but I really can't justify it with the amount of highway driving I do.

The Toyo open country look bad ass though

Another option is the good year duratrac. It’s a A/T but in my humble opinion it’s a hybrid tread design. They lasted almost 85k on my old JK (so they are a little harder compound) but worked great in all environment.

Interesting video and I tend to agree with his results. In the last several years I've ran Cooper ST (predecessor to the ST Maxx), BFG KO2 and Kanati Mud Hog. Unscientificly speaking, both of the AT tires seemed as loud as the MT. All three of the tires performed well off road with a bit of an edge going to the Mud Hog as to be expected. The Mud Hogs were fine on the highway and in the fairly modest snow we get here.

On a side note, this thread may have sold me on some Yokohama Geolander MT's once I wear out my KO2's.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom