Real Time Help: Albright Wiring for 8274 w/ 5 wire controller (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lrowe_csp

Too many cruisers, not enough time
Threads
I am mounting an 8274 that I bought used over the winter. I purchased an Albright from Summit, and picked up a used 4+plus front bumper from Cahill (thanks), got everything mounted and started to attach the red from battery to the Albright without the controller plugged in. Lots of sparking and the winch starting winding (without having the 5 wire controller plugged in). Started disconnecting wires, and this winch continues to operate even when the ground is disconnected and all wires from the controller to the 3 small gauge connection points on the Albright are disconnected. It seems that the winch motor is grounded somehow directly to the truck, but I am not savvy enough to figure out what could be causing this. Any help out there?
Thanks
Louis
P1010017.jpg
P1010016.jpg
P1010014.jpg

The case is an alternate ground.
The possibilities are:
1. The contactor is wired incorrectly,
2. The contactor is shorted.

Thanks Pin_Head:
From front of contactor, left front lug black cable goes to "A" on motor, right front lug goes to Batt +, two rear lugs are F1 and F2. Seems to be how the diagrams in the thread showed it, but I could be off. How can I test a contactor for a short?

To check the albright you would need to remove the cables and then use a multimeter on ohms range.

From your pictures it appears that the wiring is correct (based on other threads and web searches).

cheers,
george.

thanks george!
called summit racing where i purchased it, they referred me to superwinch, who took a verbal description of the problem and said it sounded like a short- new superwinch albright on the way. great service- thanks all for assistance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom