Rate the Overall Reliability of your 100 (1 Viewer)

How do you rate the reliability of your LC100?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It has been speculated that the cables break because of rust. There is a tube around the cable. While the tailgate is up, the tube/cable is in a "U" shape and the water has no place to go. I would think you could cut the tube in half (or where ever the bottom of the loop is) and the water would drain out when the tailgate is closed.

Last edited:
http://conicelliautoplex.com/partznet.aspx

Description Year MSRP Price Core Price Your Price

Check cable Back 98-04 $16.83 $13.13

Compared to some repairs I'd say that one is a bargain! Starter issues/ TPS that's an issue, I payed that much for 2 wiper blades the other day. Overall, I give mine a 9.5.

Scott

So far, we have 49 people in the sample size. 83% of respondents rate their 100 an "8" or better. Or expressed another way. The average rating is 8.61

I'd say that is pretty good.

I'd say thats good too. I just happen to be in the bad luck bunch at the bottom. Three of my problems can leave you stranded. I would'nt even count something minor like tailgate cables. I'd kill for that problem.

Yeah, I realize you have a lemon or a previously abused cruiser. I have never heard of our starter contacts going out overnight. They usually let you know far in advance. If it doesn't crank the first time, try try again and voila! The TPS failures seemed to exist with only 98-99's. Your alternator going out? Got me there but disconnecting a battery while the vehicle is running can kill an alternator easily as is driving with a dead battery...perhaps it was something the previous owner did?

Yes, it possibly could be something the previous owner did. But that 6,000 lb gorilla is off my back now! Its sold! Of course It will probably be fine from now on and I hope it will be for the new owners sake. But it left a bad taste in my mouth and the horrible Toyota dealers in my area guarantee I will never buy a new Toyota. You guys enjoy your Land Crusiers. The only good experience about owning one for me has been this forum. Its the best I've come across by far.

rule303 said:
Yes, it possibly could be something the previous owner did. But that 6,000 lb gorilla is off my back now! Its sold! Of course It will probably be fine from now on and I hope it will be for the new owners sake. But it left a bad taste in my mouth and the horrible Toyota dealers in my area guarantee I will never buy a new Toyota. You guys enjoy your Land Crusiers. The only good experience about owning one for me has been this forum. Its the best I've come across by far.

Now you can get a 60.

My 98 LC has been an excellent vehichle. A classey 4 wheler that is as comfortable as it gets and it will go anywhere on or off road. It just hit 90k and I have only had a few minor issues. Rear tailgate cables and drivers side window regulator. Best cruiser I have had yet.

here In UAE .. witk 215000 km

1-window switchs Driver and passnger dont work ..
2-Radiator Cup Explod ..
3-Radiator Fan Cover Come Loose ..

and thats all ..

195,000 miles. Only 1 failure: fuel pump. Replaced brake pads once! This thing is amazing..............
Oh yeah, I have a bad window switch also...........

I have had 3 100s

98 - White - purchased new the day they were released, no issues at all sold with 35k. - 9 (just needed rear air)
99 - Cham. - purchased in 2000 with 30k - facotry cloth seats and no third seat. ran the best of the 3,only had drivers power window glass conector break and the steerling wheel made some strange sound - 9:) (now I needed a third seat)
00 - White - purchased with 30k in 02 now only 60k - every factory option and port installed option you can get. Very clean and tight. Only 2 issues to date. i had a new transfer case put in under a factory recall (it buzed) and a very very slight drive train vibration. Dealer can't find anything wrong but I am comparing it to my 99 that was built on the right day and was smooth as glass - 9

EL_3grab said:
do you count the break pads , plugs, disk break , .. i don't think so
I agree. I only mentioned brake pads because I couldn't believe how long the originals lasted....can't recall exactly, but I think about 150K! I hate to admit this, but I'm even still running the original plugs!

Starter contacts and tailgate cables. Other than that it has been bulletproof.

A 99 with 110k miles.

Now if I had to rate the servicebility of putting the starter under the intake manifold... ;)

Pete

These vehicles are normally verrrryyy reliable. Would have given my 2001 a top rating if not for this bl*** AHC problem (see other thread).
The previous LC 80 was great for the 4-5 years I had it, no issues.
and the 4 toyos before that.... with only one exception.
Had hundreds of LC 80's and 70's at work, and they ran very well. Only issues with noise etc, and steering geometry after running on only unpaved roads and worse for years. Outlived the company vehicle replacement policy 2-3 times over. Recently exchanged for 4-runners because of cost issues....

'99 with 95K
only problem is driver side door lock stopped working like a week ago
and remote entry key battery died , no biggy

just had the A/C leak fixed (under extended warranty - paid for itself already...):

close to $600...! :eek:

replaced pressure switch, dryer, recharged, that's it....

e9999 said:
just had the A/C leak fixed (under extended warranty - paid for itself already...):

close to $600...! :eek:

replaced pressure switch, dryer, recharged, that's it....

That's kind of sad when the cost of an extended warranty pays for itself on a LC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom