rambling on, .. thinking of selling (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

thanks everyone for the replies... both light hearted and serious. good stuff.

Erik's post is very close, as he probably knows me personally more that many others (although I have drug Ige off a trail once, Have wheeled with Kief on occasion, and of course, know Dave T quite well as he is helping me beyond the call of duty, and get to sing with Mark when he strums a New Riders tune).

But obviously for me, there are personal drivers affecting my decision with regards to that orange truck. I truly envisioned myself as an old man, white hair, hunched over back, driving that Pumpkin truck around town.

The LWB... (side story here... when I bought the 64 swb from Mike Trathen many moons ago, it had a stake bed on it... and after Cindy said it was the ugliest truck she had ever seen, she immediately commented it looked like a truck for hauling pumpkins from the field.. thus the Pumpkin truck name stuck and the Cal Trans Orange became the color.)

Cindy has chosen the dark blue stock color for an 1982 FJ40... and she has dubbed this truck Ol' Blue. Ya, naming story, who cares. Remember the movie Old School... and Blue... 'I see Ol' Blue... he looks glorious!'

Any how, the lwb resto project is racking up the costs, and it concerns me to have this much cha-ching tied up in two trucks. I fought this feeling earlier by buying Cindy a new diamond ring. (you might have read the Marlin Round Up review, centering around Cindy and her desire for diamonds??). THis helped. And letting Cindy choose the color has kept her involved with the project and at times I think she might be more excited than I about it. Added to the Cha ching factor is my 82 truggy... cha ching, my 85 4Runner cha ching, and the 40 which I am currently painting in preparation to sell... more cha ching.

I am fortunate enough to have received an invite the Manly Man baja run in April. I'll be taking the runner... If I don't warm up to it by the end of this trip, I have decided that it will be the truck to hit the market. Thus I'll sell the 40, sell the runner, keep both my 45s and my rock crawler which is my primary wheeler. Then as you all have noted, I'll be able to keep them both, and yet feel comfortable that I have done the 'right' thing with regards to balancing my love of toys, and my responsibilities to my wife and family.

There you go, the mental Tech of multiple projects and toys.
Sorry to ramble... but if you have read anything I've written, you know I am almost as long winded as Mark A. :)
and Oh, you can view that crawler round up review on the Marlin Site... under round up reviews. I will post more photos of the lwb as we near final assembly. It truly is a beautiful truck. Good color choice Cindy!

At first I like "what" Thin I read on. Tony I think your 45lwb will be the best one out there and if I only had to have one cruiser that would be the one.

WE NEED PICS:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Ryan,

WEll....seems like you made a decision......you deserve a sixpack!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom