Rago fabrications cargo net replacement and TABLE (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
this is mostly about the table. I got a Rago cargo door net replacement cage, and I lamented that I would not be able to find a table that matches. turns out the eBay / Amazon / china jk wrangler fold down tables can be made to fit the gx470 perfectly, with the rearranging if some parts

I first saw that this was possible based on a review that was on the Rago site. looking at the picture that was posted, I saw the person flipped the table (which I prefer, as it creates ledges for the table to capture potential roll offs) and they did some fiddling with the hardware.

41XEYwq1AmL._AC_SY1000_.jpg

out of the box, table looks like this. it's too wide to match up with the cargo net mounting points / width.

the bench top changes that need to be made are:

reverse the table. this requires removing the cable suspension fasteners and removing the pivot fasteners.

change the spacer location. on the pivot fasteners are two nylon spacers that make the overall table too wide. remove these from the pivot and the width becomes perfect.

PXL_20210110_004402282.jpg

reinstall the spacers where the cable suspension fasteners are, this creates bump stops for the table.

remove the bumps stops that came with the table.

PXL_20210110_003757451.jpg

remove the latch that came with the table, but leave the latch hooks. you can use the latch hooks to improvise new table closure mechanism. I used some thin bungee cord and a bungee pull I had laying around. I had to make these very tight in order to prevent movement / rattling of the table.

now the table should be ready for install.

extra hardware required for installation:

4x 1.5" m6 bolts
4x m7 nut
4x m6 nyloc flanged nut
2x 1" m6 bolt
2x m6 nyloc nut
2x m6 washer
2x 1/2" washer

the Rago net replacement sits in about a quarter inch of depth inside the cargo net recess. the table brackets have to mount flush to the surface of the door card. the distance between these two has to be bridged with something so that when the fasteners are tightened, there's good engagement across the entire sandwich of parts.

PXL_20210109_235045406.jpg

I accomplished this by using a 1.5" m6 bolt with a 10mm hex head (keeping it all metric). the distance between the Rago cage and the table bracket was taken up by an m7 nut that slides right over the threads of the m6 bolt. you can see in the picture above, I used a flared nyloc nut on the back side of the door card, also 10mm hex head. 15/64ths is the diameter of the holes drilled in the cargo net surround where the Rago cage was installed. m6 fits in this perfectly.

the bottom mounting hole is shared between the cage and the table bracket.

the top hole is drilled into the plastic of the door card and is backed by washers to spread the load. as can be seen in the photo above, the top fasteners are a 1" m6 bolt backed by a 1" outer diameter 1/2” inner diameter washer stacked with a 5/16" washer (couldn't find a fender washer that had a tighter inner diameter) and a regular nyloc nut.

PXL_20210109_235839575.jpg

I had to eyeball each side to align the table brackets to vertical and then punch the center of the hole to get the right placement of the top hole. the holes used to mount the Rago / stock cargo net are not square, so don't be alarmed that all holes aren't in the same plane.

Last edited:
the middle hole is is drilled into table bracket. you have to mock up the table and tighten down the top and bottom bolts and then use a center punch to mark the center of the hole in the table bracket.

PXL_20210109_235907768.jpg

PXL_20210110_001316699.jpg

once this is punched, undo the cable fasteners and drill the table bracket. the cable fasteners should stay undone until you have tightened the middle fasteners of the table bracket as you won't be able to get the 1.5" fastener into the whole with the cable fasteners in place. these are of the same configuration as the bottom fasteners for the table bracket (1.5" m6 with the m7 nut spacer).

when you fasten the passenger side nuts on the back of the door card, note that you'll have to use a deep socket to reach because of the recess of the car net storage area.

PXL_20210109_235949761.jpg

finished product opened and closed

PXL_20210110_004339272.jpg
PXL_20210110_004132895.jpg

last note, this mod is fully compatible with the Steve Foltz sleeping platform

Last edited:
Before
IMG_4849.JPG

Order on Ebay
IMG_2999.PNG

Flip Table Tray Per Pictures Shown and Drill out Holes to Fit M6 - Add Small Washers Behind
IMG_2993.JPEG

Tighten all Bolts with this

IMG_2996.JPEG

Use a 3/8" Chainsaw File to Make Holes Narrower to Fit.
IMG_3003.JPEG

End Result Fits a Coleman Stove Perfectly.
IMG_2997.JPEG

1 Hour Install. Needed Various Washers, M6 Bolts, and a Few Nuts (Perpetual)

Overall I could not be Happier.

**Also a Good Time to change the Backup Lights to LED - Bulb 7440 while Back cover is Removed. I went LED from Amazon $14

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom