Radio/Ent system issue with 16 LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My radio/entertainment system just stopped working while on the highway the other day. Would work for 2-3 seconds after choosing another preset or function, then go silent. Has only done this once and worked fine after restarting the car. At the dealership now--they're loading an updated Entune Rev, or something.

Just curious.

I have 16 as well and have not notice the problem. I keep the screen off so may have noticed the same problem. Please update what they have done and if that worked.

There's a TSB on it. Effects 2016 models. Probably just a firmware update to fix.
Just bugs in the new software...

July 21, 2016 MANUFACTURER COMMUNICATION NUMBER: T-SB-0081-16
Components: ELECTRICAL SYSTEM

NHTSA ID Number: 10087905

Manufacturer Communication Number: T-SB-0081-16

Summary

TSB: SOME 2016 MODEL YEAR LAND CRUISER VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH ENTUNE™ PREMIUM JBL AUDIO (VERSION V1AA1600) MAY EXHIBIT ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS: *REBOOTING WHILE USING NAVIGATION *INTERMITTENT FREEZING *TRAFFIC DATA DOESN’T DISPLAY *DISPLAYS “0:00” IN THE PHONE/EMAIL HISTORY *MID AND NAVIGATION DISTANCE TO NEXT TURN DO NOT MATCH. FOLLOW THE REPAIR PROCEDURE IN THIS BULLETIN TO ADDRESS THESE CONDITIONS.

My radio/entertainment system just stopped working while on the highway the other day. Would work for 2-3 seconds after choosing another preset or function, then go silent. Has only done this once and worked fine after restarting the car. At the dealership now--they're loading an updated Entune Rev, or something.

Just curious.
I did a firmware update on 2016 using my cell Bluetooth which fixed the issue you are referring to here plus some Bluetooth pairing issue

I read on another forum (so can't verify that this is factual) that Toyota has released a total of 16 TSBs to fix entune/radio problems across the entire Toyota product line, but if true, it demonstrates that the entune system may be a bit buggy.

We had to have a TSB installed on our 2015 Highlander as it was re-booting itself waaay too frequently (11 times on a recent road trip).

I sure hope these software engineers aren't working on autonomous cars.

I did a firmware update on 2016 using my cell Bluetooth which fixed the issue you are referring to here plus some Bluetooth pairing issue
How did you do that????

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom