Radio Aerial

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Jonathan_Ferguson

★ is in the wrong locale
Threads
Website
jonathan-ferguson.tk
How is the original Radio Aerial removed from the Guard?
How is the new Radio Aerial wired to the original wiring?
Is this part available from Toyota? :idea:

Are you talking about the antenna? Must be.... :D To remove it you have to get inside the fender by removing the inner fender cover (The plastic thing) and there is a bolt holding the lower most part of the aerial to the inner fender. Then you have to unscrew a little "nut" that holds it to the outer fender right where it enters the fender. The aerial has a coax wire coming off it and it plugs right into the back of the radio/stereo.

I have no idea if it's available anymore, you'd have to call a dealer, or maybe CruiserDan could tell you.

Are you talking about the antenna? Must be.... :D To remove it you have to get inside the fender by removing the inner fender cover (The plastic thing) and there is a bolt holding the lower most part of the aerial to the inner fender. Then you have to unscrew a little "nut" that holds it to the outer fender right where it enters the fender. The aerial has a coax wire coming off it and it plugs right into the back of the radio/stereo.

I have no idea if it's available anymore, you'd have to call a dealer, or maybe CruiserDan could tell you.

x2 Did that last weekend. Got a fixed (not an electrical retractable) from a vendor here on Mud. Had it sitting in the garage for 2 years before I finally installed it, can't remember the vendor.....15 minute job. The main issue is feeding the new coax cable to the radio. Tie a wire to the old one when you remove it, and use it to feed the new one eback inside the cab...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom