Radiator flushing adapters available (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LandCruiserPhil

Peter Pan Syndrome
Supporting Vendor
Threads
I made up some adapters to make radiator flushing easy. Just remove your radiator hoses (upper & lower) and replace them with the adapters, screw on your garden hose, and let it run. They are for loan just PM me arrange pick up.

IMG_6140.jpg

IMG_6133.jpg

IMG_6134.jpg

Very nice! Unfortunately I just purchased, and used, the Preston kit. It is also available for loan out.
Pete

Will this flush the whole cooling system, or just the radiator?

Just did mine the past weekend. Complete drain and flush with the Prestone kit. Your mod looks like a better option, especially for anyone who's just interested in a quick flush of the radiator. I hadn't flushed mine in over three years and I was very happy with the quality of the coolant that came out. It looked fresh -- would never have guessed that it had been three years.

Reviving an old thread. I’m going to flush my coolant system to convert to Toyota Red. I’d like to make my own kit, so I have it at my disposal. Do you have the specs on these adapters? What size radiator hose did you use? What size PVC adapters?

After I clear the coolant system with the hose, I’d like to flush with distilled water. Any suggestions for pressurizing distilled water to run through the system?

Thanks!

Reviving an old thread. I’m going to flush my coolant system to convert to Toyota Red. I’d like to make my own kit, so I have it at my disposal. Do you have the specs on these adapters? What size radiator hose did you use? What size PVC adapters?

After I clear the coolant system with the hose, I’d like to flush with distilled water. Any suggestions for pressurizing distilled water to run through the system?

Thanks!

My adapter are buried somewhere and with 110° temp Im not looking.:( A quick trip to HD with a radiator hose in hand would be my choice.

RO water is fine for what your needs are in the end both RO and distilled consist of only H2O molecules just the process is different. My system for changing color is a solid reverse flush of the system including all heater lines and the block drain. Fill with RO water and drive until hot. Then re-drain (including the block) if during the drain I feel there is any antifreeze present I repeat. Finally Toyota red with RO water.

My adapter are buried somewhere and with 110° temp Im not looking.:( A quick trip to HD with a radiator hose in hand would be my choice.

RO water is fine for what your needs are in the end both RO and distilled consist of only H2O molecules just the process is different. My system for changing color is a solid reverse flush of the system including all heater lines and the block drain. Fill with RO water and drive until hot. Then re-drain (including the block) if during the drain I feel there is any antifreeze present I repeat. Finally Toyota red with RO water.

No worries. No need to go looking at 110°.

How do you ensure that you flush the heater lines and heater core too? Slide the interior cabin thermostat to "heat" to open the heater control valve at the firewall?

Why do you use the block drain too? Shouldn't the pressure of the water hose ensure that all of the old coolant is forced out without removing the block drain?

I didn't pull the heater lines. But I did pull the thermostat and did a 30 minute flush. Then cleared out the tap water with compressed air.

C22299_FC_0_CE0_4_AAB_BC50_DB08908060_D7.jpg

7719_F1_F4_EB28_42_A8_9_E00_441_C5_DE4551_F.jpg

3_B3_B1_A2_B_8480_438_C_A3_BC_F7095_F039_EAC.jpg

FE1_F749_F_B84_D_4_C1_A_B0_EA_14979_C893_F6_B.jpg

F300_BD92_84_B1_42_DA_A508_4_F487_EF57_EB4.jpg

ECFCA537_E866_4429_976_C_31_E80_FC792_AD.jpg

E6_E031_F6_5_E21_4_C4_B_8_F41_F1_C47254_F9_A1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom