Quik Hinges available (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here’s mine! Still working on the doors.
407C00FC-2654-4DFE-A507-DE768D0F4A72.jpeg
AE973A28-81EB-43DD-8B1D-99997059C34A.jpeg

Reactions: SMG
@69LC - I promised you that I would post some pictures of the quick hinge seals I made for SMG. I made two versions. @SMG posted the version that will fit your unmodified hinges, however, when I buy a set from you I will most likely cut them back as shown in the picture below for what I think would be an even cleaner look. What do you think?

I created the parts out of TPU, a flexible material and designed it to fit the the exact contours our FJ40s. I test fitted them on my 82', on @SMG 's FJ40, and on a Gozzard tub. There is a grid pattern on the backside and a draft angle designed into the part to allow for the application of an adhesive sealant. Since @SMG posted these I have had several orders so hopefully more pictures will be posted soon.

Awesome product btw, it would be really cool if you came up with something similar for the rear ambulance doors. Thanks for doing what you do.

InkedQuick Hinge Project v15-3.jpg

20190330_182315.jpg

20190330_182450.jpg

awesome product idea- just ordered a set for my HJ45..... thanks !

@82FJ40EVV that’s a really nice seal!

How do you fit it over the mounting face or hinge pivot?
The material is flexible enough to stretch over the hinge pivot. It is more rigid than rubber but exhibits some of the same characteristics. Although is it designed to fit tight around the part, the true "sealing" comes from application of a sealant / adhesive behind the part. The part is more for aesthetics than anything else.

Do you have many of these available yet?
Yes, I ran a small batch so I have some immediately available but I can always run more and as many as needed. It takes about 3 hours to run a set. I have been charging $34.00 for a complete set of 4. I can do the same price for either version.

I enjoy designing different parts for our cruisers so I am always open to new ideas particularly on anyting that can't be purchased elsewhere.

Do the hinges use the same bushings as oe? I was putting my door on and the top came off one of the body mounts bushings. Thought at first it was just a washer.

No, they’re commonly available bushings from any hardware store.

The upper bushing is a hat bushing that’s 1/2” outer bore, 3/8” inner bore, 1” overall length. The lower bushing is a 1/2” OD, 3/8” ID and 1” long. They should both press in and may require a slight .375” ream following pressing.

If you’d rather just getting a new A-pillar half I can send that too.

Call or text me and I can send you whatever you need.

Matthew
616-312-3788

@theoii did you ever get this figured out and do you need more parts?
I haven't had time to mess with it. But if you have an extra A-pillar that might be easier.
For others reading this GREAT customer service and a quality product .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom