Quick Cat question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jvazquez53

El Tractor
Threads
Website
www.facebook.com
How many catalytic converters the 3FE has?

In line or side by side?

side by side:

046K.gif

Wonder if one single universal will work?

Will work for what? Tell us more about what you currently have and what you are trying to do. Help us help you :)

There are two pipes coming out of the stock manifolds, so you'd have to fabricate a y-pipe to run a single cat. Probably more work than just replacing the cats.

Right now there is a Y pipe, years ago, the cat was removed and now we have new law and need to put it back. Already have a quote for installing two cats for $350, which probably is not bad considering parts included.

I think the details of the new law will dictate your answer.

Wonder if one single universal will work?

Will work, depending on what the local law requires. There are duel inlet cats available, so the cat acts as the Y pipe.

Local law got stricter, but as long as the cat works, they don't care if its one or two and the Y is already in place. Tomorrow "Ill know what its going to be... I wish I hade saved the old cat years ago...:bang::bang::bang:

My turn to shine? :p

My twin cats are finally off...good thing i removed it in time before the particles break smaller and screw my muffler...
P_20190727_114716.jpg

O2 sensors... apparently they aren't working anymore... when I plug them together, my truck asks me to go on a coffee break (see next photo). :rofl:
P_20190727_125554.jpg

P_20190727_151623.jpg

P_20190727_114616.jpg

P_20190727_134206.jpg

Last edited:
Local law got stricter, but as long as the cat works, they don't care if its one or two and the Y is already in place. Tomorrow "Ill know what its going to be... I wish I hade saved the old cat years ago...:bang::bang::bang:
After a 4 monthts, this CAT is working fine. No restriction whatsoever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom