question- Techstream version 10.30.029- no longer working (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i have version 10.30.029. It was functioning fine and I've been able to bypass any update request until now. I attempted to uninstall and reinstall but still had no option but to update. But as you most know, this is an offline, bootleg version that cannot be updated. Do most versions require a repeat buy for an updated version? I guess I'll have to purchase again if I don't hear any fix.

Where are most of you purchasing yours? I believe I got mine from ebay but looking buy a version that will last.

Disable your network connection. It will stop checking the net for updates, and will stop complaining. It will go into a mode where it will tell you it will only run for something like 29 times? When you get to 29, reinstall it.

Disable your network connection. It will stop checking the net for updates, and will stop complaining. It will go into a mode where it will tell you it will only run for something like 29 times? When you get to 29, reinstall it.

Awesome! Thanks I'll try it this weekend.

So this 29 try is like a trial version that expires? I guess if I buy new setup on Bay, it will be the same issue? Tia.

Ok. So I don't want to ask things I shouldn't... But what's the most cost effective method to get the cable and software to run techstream?

There really isn't a single answer to all the Techstream questions.

I've seen working versions of 7.X, 8.X, 9.X, 10.X, 11.X, and now Toyota of Europe is up to version 12.00.127. Add in the complication of various versions of the software drivers to use the cable and lots of folks are tempted to just give up. As far as know, all the above versions have been hacked in one form or another, and none of them are trial versions. That said, some versions (I think 10.X and higher), if set to the North American location, wants to connect to the Internet. I think so the user has access to the online manuals (comes with the yearly subscription costs). It will try 30 times then the whole program fails, hence the need to reload (or see below for alternate that I have not tried). For those versions, one could also use the Euro location setting and then the typical hack of a 5000 day limit kicks in without the 30 connections issue. Finally there is the issue of using 32 bit vice 64 bit hardware drivers for the cable. The drivers for the J2534 cables work best on the older 32 bit versions of windows; however, I have got them working in 64-bit from version 8.X on up.

Regarding the 30 connection attempts (extracted from a Tacoma Forum): Go to programs>toyota diagnostic>techstream>env>IT3usercustom and look for Connectioncount=1 or what ever number of times you tried and just delete the connectioncount. click save and you should be reseted back to 30

Buying the cable through EBay, Amazon, or even Aliexpress will usually result in the purchaser getting one of the versions of Techstream along with some cable driver software. Have no preferred vendor I can offer as "safe"

That's way more than I intended to type and I hope it was of some value (and made some sense).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom