Question reinstalling 1HZ IP... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
At risk of being a stupid question, is it true that 1HZ engine rotational position does not matter when installing IP other than being at TDC so keyway aligns? It appears so from the manual but I'm trying to get my head around why it doesn't need to be at TDC #1 compression stroke (or otherwise specific) like when installing a dizzy on a 2F. Can the IP not be incorrectly installed 180 deg out of phase like a dizzy?

appreciate if anyone can help me understand...

Last edited:
My understanding is that the marks ARE TDC #1. The engine stays in time as the pump is driven by a gear in the timing case.
The injector pump install section of the FSM points you to the timing section, as below

1.PNG

At risk of being a stupid question, is it true that 1HZ engine rotational position does not matter when installing IP other than being at TDC so keyway aligns? It appears so from the manual but I'm trying to get my head around why it doesn't need to be at TDC #1 compression stroke (or otherwise specific) like when installing a dizzy on a 2F. Can the IP not be incorrectly installed 180 deg out of phase like a dizzy?

appreciate if anyone can help me understand...
The pumps keyway sets the pumps timing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom