Question on wheel size/backspacing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
if a wheel has the same backspacing (say 4.5") and one rim is 8.5" while another is 8" there will be no difference in the tire "poke" correct? the tire on the 8" rim would be sucked in more, but that's the only difference right?

Reason I'm asking is i don't want to have my new tires not being able to tuck into the wheel well....and with my set up I'm concerned about the impact of the slightly wider rim.

Sorry if this is a dumb question

if a wheel has the same backspacing (say 4.5") and one rim is 8.5" while another is 8" there will be no difference in the tire "poke" correct? the tire on the 8" rim would be sucked in more, but that's the only difference right?

Reason I'm asking is i don't want to have my new tires not being able to tuck into the wheel well....and with my set up I'm concerned about the impact of the slightly wider rim.

Sorry if this is a dumb question
There will be more poke on the larger wheel width when backspacing is used. Backspacing measures from the inside lip to the mounting surface of the wheel. So it would poke out a half inch more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom