Quest for a 40 series rig (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Latest craigslist add from local member SNOWPEAK should be looked.
Nice truck indeed.

The quest is over. Today I purchased a '75 FJ40 from JimJ. The family and I did a nice road trip to the island to check out the cruiser. Of course, on the test ride, a coolant hose blew off the fitting, but that was fixed rather quickly.

One of the conditions of sale (wife) was that we have the rig shipped home. Jim, being as helpful as any seller could be, arranged for the truck to be sent to my home, involving a tow to the barge, a barge ride, and a tow to my house.

I am expecting to see a nice rig when I get home from work on Monday. Pictures will be posted soon thereafter.

Right on!! Jim is a really good guy. Glad you got something you can work with. J

x2 on JimJ being a great guy and congratulations on your 40 !

Happy birthday to me.
Happy birthday to me...

FJ40%20-%201st%20day%201.jpg

FJ40%20-%201st%20day%202.jpg

The family wants to call it a Lego truck. For now that might fit...

Happy birthday to me.
Happy birthday to me...

FJ40%20-%201st%20day%201.jpg

FJ40%20-%201st%20day%202.jpg

The family wants to call it a Lego truck. For now that might fit...

Wow, that is so strange seeing your 40. Flashback of mine early on, almost 15 years ago now, and a lot of great memories. Hope it serves you well:beer:

40early4.jpg

The quest is over. Today I purchased a '75 FJ40 from JimJ. The family and I did a nice road trip to the island to check out the cruiser. Of course, on the test ride, a coolant hose blew off the fitting, but that was fixed rather quickly.

One of the conditions of sale (wife) was that we have the rig shipped home. Jim, being as helpful as any seller could be, arranged for the truck to be sent to my home, involving a tow to the barge, a barge ride, and a tow to my house.

I am expecting to see a nice rig when I get home from work on Monday. Pictures will be posted soon thereafter.

Congratulations! Enjoy the ride...

gb

Nice 40! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom