Put pictures of the wheels you have in yours 80 series (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Method mr309 in 17x8.5 with 4.75 backspace, 0 offset. Tires are 285 70 from my tacoma. Ordering 35s or 37s today. 33s are too small for 4.88s.
20200702_114344.jpg

Man, I love the stance of this rig. I hope my Slee 4" comes out just as good. Are you running heavies or mediums in the rear? Any spacers or isolaters between the springs?

Heavies in the rear. She is a fat bitch.
No spring spacers.
Slee caster correction.
Landtank longer rear LCA.
And I relocated the front axle 1" forward. Thread here 80 Series, moving axle forward?

Heavies in the rear. She is a fat bitch.
No spring spacers.
Slee caster correction.
Landtank longer rear LCA.
And I relocated the front axle 1" forward. Thread here 80 Series, moving axle forward?

Yes I did see the 1" relocation thread, thanks for posting it.

I ending going with Slee front arms, if I have the same issue you did I'm sure the shop installing it (Stellar Built) can easily move it forward.

I choose SPC rear HD arms mainly because it's what Slee sold. If they are to short I suppose I can buy another brand.

Do you know how much the rear arms push the axle back? I'm assuming that is the purpose.

Thanks!

Yes I did see the 1" relocation thread, thanks for posting
Do you know how much the rear arms push the axle back? I'm assuming that is the purpose.

Thanks!

I don’t know how much exactly. The longer length is to correct pinion angle not wheel location. The slight increase in wheelbase is just the side effect.

I wanted to add some detail about the Method 704’s I purchased. The center bore isn’t quite large enough to fit over the front hubs, a lil machine work is all that’s needed...essentially only taking off the lip the center cap snaps into.

E75B3947-A848-455E-8E11-41E418ACB9A6.jpeg

EDB33CCC-B806-4538-88B7-9C873D906459.jpeg

I wanted to add some detail about the Method 704’s I purchased. The center bore isn’t quite large enough to fit over the front hubs, a lil machine work is all that’s needed...essentially only taking off the lip the center cap snaps into.

View attachment 2382035

View attachment 2382036

Method hub sizing varies. Unsure if its by model of wheel or backspacing. My 105's are 17x9 -38MM.
1595634585756.png

I don’t know how much exactly. The longer length is to correct pinion angle not wheel location. The slight increase in wheelbase is just the side effect.

Got ya. Thank you for bringing this up. From what I have researched its either stock upper and extended lowers, or Adjustable uppers and stock length lowers.

I already purchased ARB adjustable uppers and SPC stock length lowers. Good to know that if I'm not satisfied with that set up I can order the 4" lower Lank Tank arms from Joseph.

Did you do a build thread besides the front arm one on RS4x4?

what is your suspension set up? and is there any rubbing with the 37?
It’s sitting on an Icon 3” and does rub on full stuff, not horrible and really not enough for me to do anything about it right now.

17x9 Raceline Beadlocks
37x12.5 BFG KM3
895AAFAD-7771-434D-AE0D-25600CE9F516.jpeg

Still Atx Teflon Mojave 18” wheels
Would not recommend anyone get 18” wheels but I do like the style and would go with 17’s next go around due to tire availability
View attachment 1853847

These are some of my favorite wheels I have seen on an 80.

Anybody know if these are available in a bolt on, stock config from factory alloys? 16"

What's wrong with refinished original wheels? About as good as you can get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom