push rods (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Been talking to Poser regarding my push rod issues on my engine I am having rebuild... just wondering if anyone has ever seen this before... here is the situation.

had one push rod was bent when I bought the engine (posted pics before but there they are again) seems the push rod Poser sent me is different that the ones in the engine now... Poser sent me the correct push rod for a earlier model 2F engine (which is exactly what I told him I needed :D thanks again man!), seems the push rods that were in the engine are from a later model 2F (they are slightly longer and thinner) so I looked up my serial number to compare with the 2F data base here on mud and also at SOR... #2F087610 is the number and that seems to be from a late April-early May 1976. which I know the truck was a 1976 for sure as I did look at the vin plate but I just dont remember the month.

The problem seems to be to use the older style push rod or use the newer style... Poser has found one of the new rods for me in his stash of parts... wonder if anyone else ever ran into this problem?? I can only assume someone has been in this engine before and put these in there... so do I use the older style (which I have a set out of my 74 engine) or get the one I need from Poser and keep the newer style in the engine..

what is everyones thoughts..
push rod #1.jpg
Push rod #2.jpg

Doesn't really make any difference unless you are turning enough rpm that the weight difference starts to rear it's head. You won't be without a modified bottom end. ;)

Mark...

The difference in length is inconsequential. Well within the adjustment range of the pushrods.

I prefer the newer ones for the tiny weight saving. But it really doesn't make enough difference to worry about at all.

Mark...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom