Purist bone stock FJ-55 for sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

fountainhead

SILVER Star
Threads
I've been talking about this for a while now and have had several folks ask about it, so I'm going to go ahead and put it out there. Just about to finish up the new car and really don't have room (or a driver) for her right now. Had I built the shop Ginny told me to build a year ago, I'd just keep her. Unfortunately, though, I didn't, so I've either got to find some space somewhere or find her a good home.

I absolutely hate selling stuff, so I'm going to start here and just see how things go. If I end up posting it to a larger audience, I plan to ask 17,500. I'd love to keep it in the 'family', and my primary interest is finding her a good home. I know the market for such a rig, especially in this community, is small. IF you have interest and believe the price to be out of line, holler at me and let's discuss it. The rig has an interesting story and needs to go to someone who will appreciate it for what it is and will use it the way it was intended to be used.

Specs below:

Chassis -
  • 1975 FJ-55 - original title and currently registered in MS
  • Built several years ago by the metal magician in NorCal
  • Full cage tied into the frame in multiple locations
  • FC fab motor mounts, front bumper/winch mount, and frame reinforcements

Drivetrain -
  • 350 TPI
  • SM-465
  • 2 speed Atlas 5.0:1

Running Gear -
  • GM Dana 60 front - 4.10:1, Detroit, Made in the USA 35 spline chromoly inners and outers, Yukon super joints, ECGS drive slugs, RockCrusher diff cover (most of those upgrades from the past year or so)
  • 14 bolt rear - 4:10:1, Detroit, disk brakes, RockCrusher diff cover
  • Qty 4 allied beadlocks - 8x6.5, 3.5" BS
  • Qty 4 39" BFG red labels with about 50% tread left
  • Qty 1 39.5" Irok spare...old but never been on the ground
  • OPTION - restore the original wheels and 39.5" Iroks and sell w/out the deadlocks and red labels

Suspension -
  • FJ-55 rear springs up front, Chevy 63" springs on the rear
  • FC fab wrap bar

Steering -
  • Complete steering setup from PSC - Scout style gear box, new 1.75" hydro assist ram, new smaller pulley, pump, and reservoir

A few pics after washing her this afternoon:

FullSizeRender_3.JPEG

FullSizeRender_4.JPEG

FullSizeRender_5.JPEG

FullSizeRender_2.JPEG

If you have any questions or would like to see additional pics, just let me know.

Thanks,
JT

Last edited:
Good gravy if I could pull it off ...

Such a bad ass rig.

I bought the beadlocks new about a year ago and did some horse trading of the four original non-beadlock wheels and Iroks for the four red labels currently on there. I have an offer trade them back if someone wasn't really interested in the beadlocks and stickies. Edited the original post.

Man, would love it, but too many in the stable now. Good luck with the sale.

I drive it on the road as is, but there aren’t many rules here in MS...at least not many that are enforced. Technically speaking, though, I’d think losing the beadlocks and stickies should address any legal considerations.

Not sure about state specific rules, but for a bike or utv, typically you need head lights, brake lights, running lights, turn signals, a horn, and a mirror to get them road legal. So aside from any tire width/coverage issues, looks like signals and markers at a minimum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom