Pull out A/C bits? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.billstengel.com
Hello!
I pulled my radiator ahead of putting in a new water pump/oil pump/front main seal and am wondering if, while I’m in there, it is reasonable to pull out all the A/C components. I have no intention of ever updating the A/C system so for my purposes it’s all just extra stuff in there.

Is there an argument to leave it all in?

Jeez, I would die without ac.

If you're never going to use the A/C, then it would not hurt to yank it all out. Personally, I would just get the A/C working again.

Removing the condenser would certainly increase the flow across the radiator.

Removing the compressor would free up room in the engine bay.

Removing the evaporator under the dash really wouldn't do much.

Hello!
I pulled my radiator ahead of putting in a new water pump/oil pump/front main seal and am wondering if, while I’m in there, it is reasonable to pull out all the A/C components. I have no intention of ever updating the A/C system so for my purposes it’s all just extra stuff in there.

Is there an argument to leave it all in?
Do you see any scenario where you might someday sell the Cruiser? If the answer is yes, I would leave the a/c components intact.
** I live in a sauna (better known as the State of Georgia) for 5-6 months out of each year and would never consider a vehicle without a/c.

Last edited:
Leave it in there if you ever think you will sell it. Even if you won't use it. It will hurt your resale value if you try to sell it. Non-working A/C with all the components present and intact is a better sell than "I removed it all".

If I lived within the Arctic Circle i would remove the ac and convert ac compressor to onboard air source.
Virginia is 2nd only to Georgia as a sauna site so my ac will need to run.

I'm currently in the same boat where I have a non working AC system but I live in a desert. Trying to decide if I should pull it all out to make space for other things or just leave it for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom