Public Shaming : "El Lobo 4x4 Club" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah i like it up there as its a more montana crowd, but i did drive around a bmw that was parked by the lake and kinda rudely parked. But props to the guy for driving through the trees to get up there, it was after an early snowfall and the branches were down eveywhere.

Thanks for that GPS track I will have to look into it some. The view on Saturday was pretty awesome from where we turned around, the clouds were kind of in the way but still pretty cool. The view coming down at night was awesome too being able to see the whole valley lit up. Ill look into doing that route more but I have my doubts, the snow towards the top was getting pretty deep but it had a good base under it so it may be possible assuming this incoming storm doesn't drop too much fresh stuff. I'm fairly certain the gate is open until the 31st of December.

Once you get that winch let me know, I'm always looking for a second vehicle to go with and there is plenty of areas to explore up there.
The winch is honestly the only reason I even consider pushing it as far as we did. That thing saved our asses quite a few times on Saturday but its there for a reason

Heres the view from up top
IMG_6074 by Phoenix Black, on Flickr

Hit me up next time i want to explore more! I love snow wheeling and camping out in the snow too.
18740780_1444861575574668_1695383682806499023_n.jpg

18740780_1444861575574668_1695383682806499023_n.jpg

15975321_1300909053303255_4468528126225819912_o.jpg

Two almost 90 degree winchings right there to turn me around. I was completely stuck

18739679_1445019155537157_269401329579478179_n (1).jpg

13076871_1096070797098663_426529429940514434_n.jpg

Hit me up next time i want to explore more! I love snow wheeling and camping out in the snow too.

Im probably going to be going out again Saturday to try and make that connection between little bear and storm castle and explore some more areas. Ill shoot you a PM later this week once I get some stuff sorted. I have some custom shock mounts I may potentially need to work on. Not sure yet

Im down for campin. Dont think it forcasted to be to cold this weekend.

Idk if id wanna try the route all the way to storm castle that might be sketchy. Its pretty narrow.

Im down for campin. Dont think it forcasted to be to cold this weekend.

Idk if id wanna try the route all the way to storm castle that might be sketchy. Its pretty narrow.
Yeah I know up towards the top end it gets pretty shelfy. I was looking at the map though and there looks to be a few alternate routes that I kind of want to look into. I could probably only do a day trip as my co-pilot is currently down an arm

Won't work for me this weekend because in headed to Colorado but early December I'd be in

Yeah I know up towards the top end it gets pretty shelfy. I was looking at the map though and there looks to be a few alternate routes that I kind of want to look into. I could probably only do a day trip as my co-pilot is currently down an arm
Some of the roads are 50’ track vehicles designation. just so ya know.

My wife should be a private investigator. She was able to compile the following:

From left to right in the picture of the 5 parked in a row.

Jeep #1 (owner unknown)

state: WASHINGTON STATE

Plate Number:AZV7976

Expiration Date:UNKNOWN

Year:2000

Make:JEEP CHEROKEE SPORT

Color:BLUE

RRN: UNKNOWN

Jeep #2 SAM DONALD (MSU Student {previously?})

state: MONTANA

Plate Number:669270B

Expiration Date: UNKNOWN

Year:1992

Make:JEEP CHEROKEE

Color:WHITE

Jeep #3 BILL GUY (Club Manager)(Studied architecture at MSU, Marine Corps)

{THIS MAY BE A DIFFERENT CAR IN THE PHOTO BUT IT IS ONE OF IS REGISTERED VEHICLES}

Plate Number:E2845

Color:GREEN/BLUE

Jeep #4 RACHEL CULLEN (funny thing- she studies fish/wildlife conservation/management at MSU! HA!)

state: WISCONSIN

Plate Number:623ZUU

Expiration Date:05-31-2018

Year:2004

Make:JEEP

RRN:71060171564

Jeep #5 NIKO HOL (student at MSU)

Plate Number:ASJ4547

Expiration Date:UNKOWN

Make:JEEP CHEROKEE LAREDO

Color:RED

RRN:UNKOWN

My wife should be a private investigator. She was able to compile the following:

From left to right in the picture of the 5 parked in a row.

Jeep #1 (owner unknown)

Plate Number:AZV7976

Expiration Date:UNKNOWN

Year:2000

Jeep #2 SAM DONALD (MSU Student {previously?})

Plate Number:669270B

Make:JEEP CHEROKEE

Color:WHITE

Jeep #3 BILL GUY (Club Manager)(Studied architecture at MSU, Marine Corps)

{THIS MAY BE A DIFFERENT CAR IN THE PHOTO BUT IT IS ONE OF IS REGISTERED VEHICLES}

Plate Number:E2845

Color:GREEN/BLUE

Jeep #4 RACHEL CULLEN (funny thing- she studies fish/wildlife conservation/management at MSU! HA!)

state: WISCONSIN

Plate Number:623ZUU

Expiration Date:05-31-2018

Year:2004

Make:JEEP

RRN:71060171564

Jeep #5 NIKO HOL (student at MSU)

Plate Number:ASJ4547

Expiration Date:UNKOWN

Make:JEEP CHEROKEE LAREDO

Color:RED

RRN:UNKOWN
That's quite a bit of info lol

Not to revive an old thread, but.... I was in Walmart this past weekend. Going down one of the aisles was a group of young men and a girl, seemed to be in their early 20s. They were loud, goofing around and being somewhat obnoxious (or I'm just turning into a grouchy old man and that's what kids in their early 20s do?). After some time getting my things, checking out and pushing the cart to the truck, there was a very muddy Jeep parked next to me (so close that I would have to squeeze to get into the truck). It had some very old caked on mud plus some fresher stuff all over it. It had "EL LOBO" hood stickers on it, but up until today reading this thread I had no idea who/what that was. As I'm loading my things, they come walking up and start talking to each other, but loud enough for me to hear (intentional) saying some disrespectful things about my Rover as they're getting into the Jeep. Not that it really bothers me, you guys give it to me worse but I consider you all friends so I don't mind and I know it's not meant to harm. I don't know these jack-wagons, so I'm not in a humorous mood over their comments. Probably best to steer clear of them and their "crew".... they don't seem like very nice people.

Yeah I see them around town all the time too. one of them tried to give me the wave so i made a silly face and stuck my tongue out at them..hahah. Real mature of me.

Just an update on this..i ended up email ALL THEIR INFO plus about 20+ full color pictures with their faces/ license plates and GPS location of the damage. This was back last fall shortly after i posted this. The FS didn't even call me back. Handed it to them on a silver platter and they don't appear to have done anything.

Yeah I see them around town all the time too. one of them tried to give me the wave so i made a silly face and stuck my tongue out at them..hahah. Real mature of me.

Just an update on this..i ended up email ALL THEIR INFO plus about 20+ full color pictures with their faces/ license plates and GPS location of the damage. This was back last fall shortly after i posted this. The FS didn't even call me back. Handed it to them on a silver platter and they don't appear to have done anything.

A least a confirmation of receiving the info would be nice, but in most cases they will just handle things on their end and you'll never be informed about it for privacy reasons.

Well they thanked me for the info but never got back after the initial thanks for the info, may i contact you with any additional questions. But the very highly educated individuals never went so far as to remove the images off of facebook so i'm assuming they did nothing.

Not to revive an old thread, but.... I was in Walmart this past weekend. Going down one of the aisles was a group of young men and a girl, seemed to be in their early 20s. They were loud, goofing around and being somewhat obnoxious (or I'm just turning into a grouchy old man and that's what kids in their early 20s do?). After some time getting my things, checking out and pushing the cart to the truck, there was a very muddy Jeep parked next to me (so close that I would have to squeeze to get into the truck). It had some very old caked on mud plus some fresher stuff all over it. It had "EL LOBO" hood stickers on it, but up until today reading this thread I had no idea who/what that was. As I'm loading my things, they come walking up and start talking to each other, but loud enough for me to hear (intentional) saying some disrespectful things about my Rover as they're getting into the Jeep. Not that it really bothers me, you guys give it to me worse but I consider you all friends so I don't mind and I know it's not meant to harm. I don't know these jack-wagons, so I'm not in a humorous mood over their comments. Probably best to steer clear of them and their "crew".... they don't seem like very nice people.

That's really too bad this happened. What's really sad is how it affects us all. Just like the guys that volunteer to teach hunter safety do it to pass it down with responsibility and safety to the next generation, somehow we need to find ways to do this with all the off road guys out there we are around. If someone's waving a firearm around we should speak up. Same with wheeling ignorance or stupidity. Tread Lightly. I'm afraid the Forest Service doesn't distinguish between Toyota's and Jeeps or probably even our different clubs. But, we all have an obligation to leave the campsite cleaner than we found it so to speak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom