Pto (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruiser_guy said:
Mine is an "Engage/disengage" type with a solid rod. My daughter has a "Forward/neutral/reverse" type with a solid rod. I've NEVER heard of the cable operated one.

The shift mechanism on the box is located behind the box (unlike in the front of the solid rod setups). They were available from '80-'82. I can post some pics if you like.

Between the ones stacked in the corner and the ones installed on rigs, I have either 8 or 10 (non-split case) PTO drives (not worth counting at the moment). All the same. All rod actuated from the factory. All have the shifting mechanisim on the back of the box, not the front. It has been a whilesince I laid hands and eyes on one of the split case units, so until I make the time to do so I won't offer any sort of definitive statement about them. But IIRC the last one I saw (rod actuated, engage/disengage unit) had the shift workings on the rear also.

Mark...

Mark W said:
Between the ones stacked in the corner and the ones installed on rigs, I have either 8 or 10 (non-split case) PTO drives (not worth counting at the moment). All the same. All rod actuated from the factory. All have the shifting mechanisim on the back of the box, not the front. It has been a whilesince I laid hands and eyes on one of the split case units, so until I make the time to do so I won't offer any sort of definitive statement about them. But IIRC the last one I saw (rod actuated, engage/disengage unit) had the shift workings on the rear also.

Mark...

I only have first hand experience with my box. The info I gathered is from the EPC that is available from http://www.yankeetoys.org/Docs.htm. All the 60 series pto boxed that are rod actuated have the shift mechanism on the front.

Overlord said:
I only have first hand experience with my box. The info I gathered is from the EPC that is available from http://www.yankeetoys.org/Docs.htm. All the 60 series pto boxed that are rod actuated have the shift mechanism on the front.

i have to agree with you Overlord , mine is a 60 series and the selector is a rod , and is definetly on the front side of the pto box not the back .

Can post some pics if anyone wants .

Hey Charger said:
i have to agree with you Overlord , mine is a 60 series and the selector is a rod , and is definetly on the front side of the pto box not the back .

Can post some pics if anyone wants .

I've been trying to PM you about your setup. Did you ever get the winch installed?

Hey Charger said:
Tapage ,
i just got some 37" MTR'S , my ratios are 4.11's , small block chev , what im asking is how much better do you think the reduction gears made it and are they worth it ?

with undergears .. in Hi are Ok .. 8% if you have right now 4.11 it means with Marks gears you are in 4.43 .. in low is definetly awesome .. reall y nice.

In my case before I put the gears, I need to use ( mudd wheeling remember ) 2nd and sometimes 1st.

But the the Marks in low .. I should use 3rd and sometimes 2nd.

I have a friend .. with 3B Turbo + 4.11 gears + Marks = 38.5" G Hawk

eric-loma-carlo.JPG

pretty good .. !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom