PTO winch! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all,
I bought a PTO winch from orangeFJ45 for a nice price! Here are some flicks of the install. The winch is installed, the PTO is in the solvent tank soaking the years of gunk off, the driveshaft is intact, shift likage is soaking also. I am gonna install the pieces as they as rehabilitated. I have a couple of questions, how is the shiftlinkage sealed from the under side of the car? boot or ? I am trying to source the only missing part, the driveshaft yoke that mates the drveshaft to the winch worm gear. Anybody have one that they wanna sell?
DSC00942.jpg

DSC00938.jpg

DSC00939.jpg

I don't have a part that I want to sell, but I can take my part to a drive shaft shop to duplicate if you need.

Dave

The shift rod is sealed by the same boot that covers the shifter on the FWD engaging sliding rod for the transfer case. It's available from SOR, maybe from your dealer.

Lots of folks use a 4x4 shift lever boot. to cover the PTO lever. But, in stock early rigs such as the '40 pictured, there was no boot or seal of any type. The selector lever passes through a slot and there is a hinged "gate that closed over the slot to keep the lever from being inadvertently moved. When closed, this gate covers all of the slot except for a hole in the middle of the gate where the shaft comes through.

There is no seal or boot.

Mark...

I'm looking for spare gates. Anyone have some? :D

I read him to fast. I took the question to be about ow the PTO is sealed at the shift input.

We need more of the subject gate.......I had to use a wall switch cover with boot.

honk, I did the same thing for my shifter boot. I used a metal plug in cover and cut out the center bit. Then I made a simple boot like the 4wd boot and glued and riveted it with a second metal ring underneath just like the 4wd shifter. Then bolted it to the floor with some clips, the slide on the sheetmetal over the hole. Looks fairly stock.

As for the yoke piece, try Specter, I think they still showed that piece listed.

I'm personally looking for the entire drive shaft for a 73 FJ-40, stock three speed for the PTO winch. Specter does not list one of those, guess I need to call or get serious looking.

honk said:
I had to use a wall switch cover with boot.

That sounds clever. You have picture? :D

IDave said:
That sounds clever. You have picture? :D

Pictues are kind of complicated for me right now, Dave, as my main system has a HD issue and is inop. I'm using my laptop and don't have any photo software installed. I'll work at it later, but you'l be disapointed to find that the cover isn't really so clever at all, after all. :)

Very nice Otter. Don't lose that original chain choker and hook if you ever change the cable, I'd love to have one of those.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom