PTO winch for Hj75 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone,
I have myself a 1987 Hj75 series ute, and I'm trying to find out any information on installing the Thomas 8000 PTO winch that came with it. I have looked on line for pictures
on where the PTO drive shaft needs to run, but, I have had no luck. Has anyone done this before ? and if so, any advice and helpful tips would be much appreciated.

Regards

ramhj75Th

ive the toyota PTO winch on my bj74 and i just took it out and install it on my HZJ75,what wouldmyou like to know?

Hi how are you ?
I have all the parts I need now , but I’m wondering, did you drill and bolt on the drive shaft brackets, or did you weld the brackets to the chassis ? I’d love to see a few pictures if you have them so I could get some ideas , because I have already had to move and bend the exhaust pipe out of the way to make room for the winch drive shaft .

Regards Rob

they are all bolted on,there are lots of threaded M8 holes on the frame,as i got my winch from a bj74,i think ive to lower the driveshaft brackets to fit the HZJ75 as they are a bit too high,driveshaft touches the radiator.

ive the toyota PTO winch on my bj74 and i just took it out and install it on my HZJ75,what wouldmyou like to know?
Gday , thanks for your information !
I ended up bolting one bracket and welding the other to the chassi, it works. I started to hear a noise that didn't sound great, so I took the PTO off.
I was told by a mechanic, the noise is because I didn't shim the PTO!
Shim ?? is this something you need to do. I was under the impression you can just bolt on the PTO to your transfer case, using the correct gasket
of course .
Have you heard of anything like shimming a PTO.

Regards

the original derive shaft has a sliding part that will compensate for any difference and flex .
bad idea to weld the bracket to the frame .
ref winch , pls dimantel it and recheck all parts before installing it .
if all works well , you will have a very powerful tool .

Gday , thanks for your information !
I ended up bolting one bracket and welding the other to the chassi, it works. I started to hear a noise that didn't sound great, so I took the PTO off.
I was told by a mechanic, the noise is because I didn't shim the PTO!
Shim ?? is this something you need to do. I was under the impression you can just bolt on the PTO to your transfer case, using the correct gasket
of course .
Have you heard of anything like shimming a PTO.

Regards
Run 2 gaskets, on the Thomas pto setup from memory if you remove the drain plug you can get a flat blade screw driver in there and check the backlash on the pto gear that engages the transfer case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom