pto particulars (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
thecarpentryway.blogspot.com
I have a splitcase transfer, and would like to put a pto on at some point. I have one that came along with my truck from Oz, but it does not fit the split case.

I've read the various threads on ptos here on 'MUD, but haven't found the definitive answer to this question:

Was there a pto drive unit made by Toyota with front and rear output shafts for the split case?

I've seen the one that fits on the one-piece case (there were single and double output shaft variants, as well as single and double geared variants. Anybody know?

:cheers:

I have two PTO takeoffs for splits and neither of them have front and rear outputs.

Last edited:
Yes. There is a splitcase PTO box. They came on non-USA land cruisers in the 80s. Shoot a mail or call G and S up in canada.
I know there is a splitcase pto - my question was: is there one with front and rear outputs? I believe the answer is 'yes' as I've found an exploded parts diagram showing just that. Finding one, however, is another matter...

If they can't help you, we can do some research on mating an older pto box with front and rear to a split box.
I've checked out the french site (if that's what you were referring to) that shows the modifications to make the early type fit the splitcase, but I'm not interested in that approach, unless it is the only option available.

If I can't find a twin-output splitcase pto drive, then i am thinking of getting a single output type of drive and having a machine shop weld two output shafts together to make a twin output type. Well, I'm thinking it would be a possibility to go this route at least, but i'm not sure whether it would work or not. Parts are not easy to find. I tried SOR to see if they had and twin-output shafts, but no.

no real help, just wondering what you want to run off the back side?

is the fire-truck pto available for the split case? (the one that runs off the end of the trans output shaft instead of off the side of the case) might be easier to find.
hth, carl

is the fire-truck pto available for the split case? (the one that runs off the end of the trans output shaft instead of off the side of the case) might be easier to find.
hth, carl
I already tried that route with SOR, and apparently the firetruck pto output box doesn't fit the splitcase. Good suggestion though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom