PT Cruiser Seats in your 80 Series video (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello Everyone..
My son and I made a detailed video on how to install seats from a PT Cruiser into your Land Cruiser.. One of the best mods I have made so far.. If you have been thinking about doing something like this I highly recommend doing it. The PT Cruiser seats are a pretty easy fit and very comfortable. Here is a link for how we decided to do it.. Hope it helps some of you out.

A great option! Great video, thank you!!!

If you get some time and it cools down, take a few pics of the seats in there. I would like to see exactly how they look and how it all matches. Thank you!

Picked up a pair of seats today from a 2001 PT Cruiser. There must have been 10 PT's in the little Pic & Pull near my house. There are basically brown seats and black seats. The brown comes in pleather or cloth and sort of goes with the tan color scheme of my '96 80. I decided to splurge and get the pleather. $62 out the door. I saw one pair of power seats, but most were manual sliders with an electric switch for some up and down adjustment. Some had heaters in them some did not. All variants of armrests from dual to passenger side only to none on either seat. All had airbags in them. The passenger PT seats folds forward flat which is kind of cool. Real easy removal. Four 15mm bolts and a couple of wires.

My plan is to mount them as low as possible ( I feel like the stock seats are too high) and push them back a few inches for my long legs. Thanks airiff for the motivation!

It is a really easy retro fit.. And fyi mine sit a bit lower and give me more leg room then the stock seats.. I am 6ft and some change.. The seats I got came from their highest end trim and are leather with micro swede inserts.. They are much more comfortable than the stock seats and the arm rest is great.. Only downside to the arm rest on the pass side and lumbar adjust on the driver side is that they hit the center console a bit.. Not a big deal everything still functions perfectly..

cool video. I'll have to have my wife sit in a PT cruiser at some point to determine if it will pass the test.

Looks like I have another project to add to the ever growing list. Thanks for the video!

This will show what little I know of PT cruisers, but does anyone know if all model years have the same seat track width? Or just the 2001?

If I remember correctly they all have the same track width.. The older ones are not as nice from the ones I looked at. Another car that fit the bill was the grand am's of the same vintage.. However all the ones I sat in the side bolsters were worn down.. Must be a common problem with them.

Nice job guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom