PS worm gear bearing alternate source? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

Started in on a reseal of a spare steering gear only to find the bearing above the worm gear valve body destroyed. Found this old thread: Bad worm gear bearing - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/bad-worm-gear-bearing.254938/
And the damage is exactly the same as mine.
Local dealer can get the bearing but at a cost of $96. I’ve not had good luck on pricing from this dealer in the past. Any other good sources for this part?

Never bought from them before, but it looks like they have it.

Thanks, I had found those and from some dealers. Haven’t heard great things about TPD, what’s your opinion ?

I also should have asked if anyone knows an aftermarket usage or substitution?

I am trying to get a rusty box apart to see if it has a usable bearing. Or I have also considered going without the inner cage and just sticking the balls in with grease to get them to stay in place until the adjuster plug is installed.

Haven’t heard great things about TPD, what’s your opinion

I haven’t ordered anything from them in 6 years, but back then I ordered tons of stuff and there never was any problems with the order in any way.
But 6 years is a long time. Plenty of time for management and employees to change and a company to go downhill.
I have no idea what they’re like to deal with now.

Camelback Toyota in Arizona was another favorite of mine back then. Good prices and no sales tax (I live in CA).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom