Prospeed 100 series roof rack for Landcruiser and LX470! (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just installed my rack; really happy with it; it's quiet. I went with the lightbar slot even though I don't plan on mounting one--talked to Brian and figured since I plan to haul lumber, the slot would allow me to run long lengths off the front without them resting on the wind deflector (it rises slightly above the crossbar height, when attached at the highest position).

Speaking of, even at that height setting, my wind deflector sits super close to the sun roof. I'm getting some minor contact/vibration with the glass. Should I have left the existing rectangle/oval spacers? The ones that sat around the bolt holes under the factory rack attachments? That would have raised everything up another 1/8". I also will re-adjust the rack, to make sure everything is sitting level and perfect. I installed the brackets to the rack first, then bolted it down; in hindsight, and as I've done in the past, it might be easier to bolt the brackets to the roof first, then add the siderails etc.

ONe kinda naive question: All the spaces now left in the weather stripping... we're ok with water getting in there? It's a gutter? I siliconed all the contact points up nice and tight, as suggested in some of the excellent how-to vids earlier in this thread.

I want your feedback and everyone else... what do you guys think of a rear ladder that has attachment points to hold a axe and shovel/rotopax etc? It will be a no drilling design rear hatch mounted and style will be inline with our roof rack.... clean looking functional and modular. I figure not everyone wants a rear bumper and there isn’t much out there for the 100series. If there’s enough interest I’ll design and build it 🙂
[/QUOTE]

Count me in Brian.

Just installed my rack; really happy with it; it's quiet. I went with the lightbar slot even though I don't plan on mounting one--talked to Brian and figured since I plan to haul lumber, the slot would allow me to run long lengths off the front without them resting on the wind deflector (it rises slightly above the crossbar height, when attached at the highest position).

Speaking of, even at that height setting, my wind deflector sits super close to the sun roof. I'm getting some minor contact/vibration with the glass. Should I have left the existing rectangle/oval spacers? The ones that sat around the bolt holes under the factory rack attachments? That would have raised everything up another 1/8". I also will re-adjust the rack, to make sure everything is sitting level and perfect. I installed the brackets to the rack first, then bolted it down; in hindsight, and as I've done in the past, it might be easier to bolt the brackets to the roof first, then add the siderails etc.

ONe kinda naive question: All the spaces now left in the weather stripping... we're ok with water getting in there? It's a gutter? I siliconed all the contact points up nice and tight, as suggested in some of the excellent how-to vids earlier in this thread.
The wind deflector at its highest point was way to close for my comfort. I ended up using the spacers on the front, and yes I Siliconed it all up. In reality we should just leave the spacers as it leaves a comfortable space. And with my sunroof open, the noise is windy. The rack couldve been a couple inches towards the front.

I have a taller spacer to remedy this I’ll send it to you please dm me your address thanks bud!

I want your feedback and everyone else... what do you guys think of a rear ladder that has attachment points to hold a axe and shovel/rotopax etc? It will be a no drilling design rear hatch mounted and style will be inline with our roof rack.... clean looking functional and modular. I figure not everyone wants a rear bumper and there isn’t much out there for the 100series. If there’s enough interest I’ll design and build it 🙂
I'm interested.

Nothing against this rack/product, but I messaged Tim at Gamiviti yesterday, received a call from him 2 hours later, went out to his house 6 hours later, placed an order 11 hours later, and will drive back to his house in 2 weeks to install the customized rack I bought. Tim is the man. His shop and his inventions are awesome. The rack is super light and the add ons seem super useful. Again, no hate, just my experience.

Nothing against this rack/product, but I messaged Tim at Gamiviti yesterday, received a call from him 2 hours later, went out to his house 6 hours later, placed an order 11 hours later, and will drive back to his house in 2 weeks to install the customized rack I bought. Tim is the man. His shop and his inventions are awesome. The rack is super light and the add ons seem super useful. Again, no hate, just my experience.

Cool. Have you interacted with Brian? Have you seen in person/owned the Prospeed rack?
Are you comparing products?
Why did you choose Gamviti over Prospeed?
I'm excited to get my Prospeed rack and mount all my accessories.

Isn't it great to have choices?!

PS: if you're going to drop a post like this in a competitor's thread, please use terms that are objective vs. adjectives like 'super' to describe the product/experience you're promoting (Otherwise it sounds disingenuine to say "no hate"). And being 'neighbors' with a vendor is a fringe case, so your timeline is somewhat trivial. No offense to Tim or Gamviti, I seriously considered that rack before choosing Prospeed- My criteria were: profile, price, performance. Prospeed won.

Hey guys! Giving you an update! We should be ready to ship in 2-3 weeks so thanks for your patience. If you guys are interested please PM me or email me at prospeedrack@gmail.com for quicker response. Apologies if I can’t get back the same day as I’m working a full time job and doing this on the side bud I’m starting to expand my lineup and focusing more on it and improving customer service and response time. Without you guys none of this we be possible. Thanks and appreciate the support and love!

Hey guys! Giving you an update! We should be ready to ship in 2-3 weeks so thanks for your patience. If you guys are interested please PM me or email me at prospeedrack@gmail.com for quicker response. Apologies if I can’t get back the same day as I’m working a full time job and doing this on the side bud I’m starting to expand my lineup and focusing more on it and improving customer service and response time. Without you guys none of this we be possible. Thanks and appreciate the support and love!

Any update on when the last Group buy will be ready? Not trying to rush you. Just super excited.

Any update on when the last Group buy will be ready? Not trying to rush you. Just super excited.

no worries! I was gonna update you guys this week but cross bars arrived and I got to package and get it ready to ship but expect orders to go out starting early next week!! Thank everyone who has supported us through this!

no worries! I was gonna update you guys this week but cross bars arrived and I got to package and get it ready to ship but expect orders to go out starting early next week!! Thank everyone who has supported us through this!

Thats awesome! Thanks for the quick update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom