propane tank recertification (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
While attending the most recent secret camping event, someone was telling me a secret about a place in Langley on Fraser Hwy that does propane tank recertification for a seemingly good price. I can't remember where the place was. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Care to share the secret location? Lol

You make it sound illegal, they send it out for recertification ,no its not for 20 lb. you get on the Canadian tire program while your driving around the malls. I used him for forklift style 40 lb ones . The place is PAZ fuels on Fraser hwy. Mind you I was dealing in volume .

Last edited:
Do they also do other tank re-certification as well - acetylene, CO2, extinguisher, etc? Someone please shoot me a PM with the details. My acetylene tank is up. It looks cheaper to buy a new tank than to get it re-certified. Same with the big extinguishers I have.

as far as i know, acetylene tanks are never up. just get exchanged because of the nature of it. is this thing very tiny or something?

You make it sound illegal, they send it out for recertification ,no its not for 20 lb you get on the Canadian tire program will your driving around the mall. I used him for forklift style 40 lb ones . The place is PAZ fuels on Fraser hwy. Mind you I was dealing in volume .

Thanks George. We'll find out tomorrow hopefully. I'm interested in getting my 5 lb'dr refilled and recertified for another 10 years.

yeah- i was going to buy one of those 20 lb fibreglass tanks but noticed it needed checking after 5 years? sounds like a bit of a pain- also heavy lifting for my old back...

yeah but I found one on clearance. I had a 10 lb fibreglass, perfect size and weight, but it was stolen recently with a bunch of other stuff. I would love another 10lb but $$ is tight as usual...

as far as i know, acetylene tanks are never up. just get exchanged because of the nature of it. is this thing very tiny or something?

Yep, it is a plumber's size tank that I inherited from my father. I just assumed like all tanks, they have to get re-certified at some point. I know this one has not been refilled for at least 20 years.

Yep, it is a plumber's size tank that I inherited from my father. I just assumed like all tanks, they have to get re-certified at some point. I know this one has not been refilled for at least 20 years.

just look up it up and you will see why they always get exchanged. lets put it this way, you cant go and fill the same tank no matter how new it is. you will need to exchange it.

I thought it was always an exchange program with those... At least at our wholesaler anyway

And are they ever expensive. Wow.

I have a 5 pounder that hardly got used and it's still mint, I looked at getting it re certified at the propane place in Burnaby but they want 55 for that, or you can buy a reman tank for 45... Or go to Canadian tire and buy a new one for 50... DA FUQ?!

I know KMS fills tanks, not sure if they do acet. or not but I own my bottlesd because it is cheaper than rental/exchange for me.

Barry Hammel in Coquitlam! Exchanges expired tanks for new ones. They do inspection / filling in house. Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom