Project Hope - 1959 FST FJ25 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Simpson and I 25ed the 25 a little more. Went back to a generator to fix the charging issues

DSC_7732.jpg

DSC_7738.jpg

1962 wiring diagram for reference ;)

Save0083.jpg

just need to file off all that "st. louis" stuff off your japanese rig ;)

Can't believe you don't keep that beauty covered. I've gone to great lengths over the years to keep my cruisers covered, Running, non running, desert or forest. It did look like a fun drive something we haven't been able to do this winter in N. AZ.:crybaby: I do think it's ironic that a couple of early soft tops in CO have canvas without complete bows and in AZ we have bows with no canvas.:bang:

cruisers in back of the cabin  2.jpg
cruisers covered 016.JPG
IMG_1801.JPG

25ed the 25 a little more today. New shocks have been ordered as well as a set of OEM spring bushings.

IMG_0692.JPG

To the parts horde!

IMG_0695.JPG

Both sides were chamfered to give as much surface area and penetration to the weld.

IMG_0708.JPG
IMG_0718.JPG

The driver's shock tower needed a little help as well. Replaced the bolt with the OEM shock mount parts.
DSC_0531.jpg
DSC_0547.jpg

Simpson and I went to the hardware store and sourced 9.5mm stainless steel rod to replace the hood pins. I tried to weld the hood shut but luckily he pointed out I couldn't weld both sides of the pin :oops:

There is a copper washer between the two to keep everything operating smoothly. The cool part is that was one of the biggest rattles on the 25. I added some weather stripping to the tool box lid to silence the only other rattle she had.
IMG_0722.JPG

Nice truck! Love it!

good to see hope getting some more loving.

Too easy! And John is right, cover it, or at least water proof the shifter-to-trans area. This is where the moisture gets in and ruins many a FST trans...

25ed the 25 a little more today

Cut on the diagonal so the tread parallels the outside edge.

I had to favorite that video! The :princess: and I cracked up at the big kid at the end of that top down snow drive.

How much vinyl did you buy for one set?

I had to favorite that video! The :princess: and I cracked up at the big kid at the end of that top down snow drive.

How much vinyl did you buy for one set?

28" x 20" is the minimum to cut out one set diagonally. Most of the waste is the first cut though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom