ProComp Pro Runner Shocks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone have experience with these? 4WP is having sale for $270 shipped for front and rears; they seem comparable to 5100's but I wanted to see if anyone had first hand experience with them. And, yes, i googled it already but found mostly people saying bad stuff about them but no first hand experience or even referring to these shocks specifically.

Thanks, all!

By the sound of all the crickets, I'm guessing these aren't too popular.

However, I ended up buying a set of 5100's for the front end from Jet.com for ~$166 shipped since they have a 15% coupon code for new customers. Is the general consensus to use Toytec's 620 springs with these or has anyone tried OME springs?

Thanks.

I too have heard nothing but negative things about Pro Comp suspensions.

I used OME 884 springs with 5100s on my Tacoma and it rode great. I know; diifferent vehicle, different weight, etc. I went with OME over Eibach (Toytec's are Eibach) because the OME's were softer - 590lbs vs. 620lbs.

Good to know- I figure the extra stiffness is fine for our trucks since they are heavier. Toytec's ordered! Now to find the time to actually install it.

I have the Pro Comp ProRunner rear shocks... mainly because they were on sale and everything else I inquired on was 3-4weeks out. I have them paired with tricked rear airbags, so everything is a little stiff in the rear. No issues thus far... they were cheaper than the 5100s and had a better warranty.

By the sound of all the crickets, I'm guessing these aren't too popular.

However, I ended up buying a set of 5100's for the front end from Jet.com for ~$166 shipped since they have a 15% coupon code for new customers. Is the general consensus to use Toytec's 620 springs with these or has anyone tried OME springs?

Thanks.

Work well with Toytec on the bottom perch. They are not too stiff. Very similar to oem.

Last edited:
Yea, I drive around with the "sport" mode turned on right now and feel it could do with some more stiffness (mine only has 65k mi so i don't think the shocks are worn) so I figured the Toytec 620's on the 5100 bottom perch would feel better to me.

Shocks are defiantly not like new at 65k. But they were so slowly you don't notice the progression downward.
Yes, I have to concede to you there. I just bought the GX a month ago coming from a VW Golf and before that a late 90's Dakota so I really have no frame of reference for my assessment.

The Toytec springs will be here Thursday as well as new strut mounts. I have 2 kids under 4, go to school part time and my wife and I both work full time so the plan is to pre-assemble the struts in the Mac-cave (garage) when everyone is asleep. The lift should be done by the end of the month as well as a set of OPOR sliders I acquired.

Yes, I have to concede to you there. I just bought the GX a month ago coming from a VW Golf and before that a late 90's Dakota so I really have no frame of reference for my assessment.

The Toytec springs will be here Thursday as well as new strut mounts. I have 2 kids under 4, go to school part time and my wife and I both work full time so the plan is to pre-assemble the struts in the Mac-cave (garage) when everyone is asleep. The lift should be done by the end of the month as well as a set of OPOR sliders I acquired.

Let me guess? TDi? If so it's like we are brothers from a different mother.

I can tell you I just ordered all new pro comp shocks and struts from 4WP for the wife's new 4runner along with medium OME springs 2.5" front and 2" rear lift. Should be here Friday or Saturday. Should be installed before next weekend, can let you know by then.Total price for the full lift $475 shipped all done.

Does this mean we went from one 80 series to two 120's in less then a year? Must be something we like about them....

Jeremy

Let me guess? TDi? If so it's like we are brothers from a different mother.

Ha! Yep, it was a '13 Wagen. I really liked the practicality, good torque and awesome fuel efficiency but between the foreseeable future costs for maintenance (its fuel pump destroyed itself after 35K mi) and the bad loan terms I had (first new car purchase) I'm positive I made the right choice. It also didn't hurt that VWoA threw a few thousands my way for me to get the GX, hehe.

I can tell you I just ordered all new pro comp shocks and struts from 4WP for the wife's new 4runner along with medium OME springs 2.5" front and 2" rear lift. Should be here Friday or Saturday. Should be installed before next weekend, can let you know by then.Total price for the full lift $475 shipped all done.

Does this mean we went from one 80 series to two 120's in less then a year? Must be something we like about them....

Jeremy

That's an awesome deal! I already went the Bilstein route but that information would be great to have for those looking at the Pro Comp option. And I can totally understand you getting another 120- they're pretty awesome trucks. I find myself still looking at classifieds for GX deals around me still.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom