Problems with my HDJ80... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
New member but I've been dropping by for a couple of years reading up on things now and then.

My HDJ80 been sitting for a month or two now, for some part because I mainly ride my motorcycles during the part of the year when there is no snow on the ground, but mainly because I had an incident when I put it in low gear a couple of months ago.

When I put it in low I got this high and noticeble "clunck" and after that I can't get it back in high gear. I'm also limited in turning the stearing wheel to the right and if I'm at the new "limit" and driving in low I get this "clunking" nosies now and then that doesn't sound healthy at all.

I'm a novice at tinkering with these cars and mostly do work on my motorcycles, I'm not afraid of throwing some spanners at it but I would like to know where to begin.

I havn't touched the diff locks front or rear, but could there be some problems there, or the middle transfercase?

I'm writing this out of memory now since I havn't had it started since, need to charge the batterys up now to i noticed today.

The car is a HDJ80 24v with oroginal electric (?) diff locks front and rear, year model 1997.

Regards,
Otto from Sweden

Batteries are flat, need two new ones.

To elaborate more of what I can remeber, when I put it in High Range it's like it only revs and doesn't engage properly. It can move when I put it in neutral. Is the problem somwhere in the transfercase?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom