Prayers for Jeff Murrah and his family (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Jeff Murrah and his family are mourning the death of his step-dad, John Abbot. Step-dad... I believe that dear friend would be a better description. I only know that he was in a car accident last night. When there is more information, I will make sure to pass it on.

Many of you have had the opportunity to get to know John through the years in the Cruiser community. Some may only know him as "Cookie", as he cooked many a meal to start the day and had a handsome feast waiting when we returned to camp.

Please keep Jeff and his family in your thoughts and prayers as they mourn this sudden loss.

Jeff I am so sorry for your loss.
MY family and I will keep you in our prayers and if you and yours need anything at all please let me know.
I am so sorry.

Chris, Debbie, Michaela & Piper

Wow, so sorry Jeff.

Praying for your family, your Mom especially.

Jeff if you need anything please call.

Sorry for you and your families loss Jeff.

UPDATE:

Just talked with Greg,

There is not going to be a funeral, there will be a memorial service.

Date and time to be decided later in the day.

Please keep Jeff and his mom in your prayers.

Last edited:
So sorry to hear this. We will keep your family in our prayers.

Steve Smith

Truly sorry to here of your loss. You and your family are in our prayers.

Damn. John was my cooking buddy at trail rides. I'm glad I had the chance to hang out with him some. Great guy.

Jes

So sorry to hear this news.

Very sorry for your loss.

Please let us know anything we can do.

Prayers for you and your family.

I'm sorry to hear about your loss Jeff.

The Clarion-Ledger: Mississippi's News Source

John R. Abbott

John R. Abbott, 63, died Wednesday, January 2, 2008, in a one-car accident near Delta, Louisiana.
He is survived by his wife, Angela T. Abbott; his sons, John Abbott, Jr., of Birmingham, AL and Rush Abbott of Largo, FL; daughter, Erin Abbott of Water Valley, MS; step-sons, Jeff Murrah and wife, Lori of Brandon, MS and Drew Murrah and wife, Amy of Collierville, TN.
Visitation will be held Saturday, January 5, 2008, from 4-6 at Chancellor Funeral Home in Byram. Final visitation will be held Sunday, January 6, 2008, from 2-4 at Robinson Funeral Home in West Point, MS.
Published in the Clarion Ledger on 1/4/2008.

Jeff,

Please accept the sympathies of myself and the "Coonasses". We're are very sorry to hear of the passing of your step-father. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

Bx

First of all let me thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers over the past few days. I know they have helped us deal with this trying time. My Mom is doing OK and myself and my 2 brothers have been with her from the beginning. John was a great friend as well as my step dad. He was my hunting buddy and was a true Toyota lover! He attended many trail rides with me and his 86 4 Runner has got over 400,000 miles on it. That truck has literally been driven from coast to coast over the years.

John was a regular customer of one of the local watering holes over near his house and myself, Mom and 2 brothers went over there tonight and lifted a few in honor of John. I know he was smiling as we told story after story and laughed with his buddies at the bar. It really helped all of his buddies that were there. Again, thanks for the thoughts and prayers!!

Later,

Jeff,

Sorry for your loss! It sounds like he was a great person and I am sad that I did not get the chance to meet him. I wish the best for you and your family.

Sorry to hear. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Jeff,

Just saw this. Man, I'm sorry for your loss. I know how much he meant to you and your family. Please know that you're in my thoughts and, of course, let us know if there anything we can do to help out.

Take care bud,

Todd

Prayers out to your family, Jeff. Take care,

Ben

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom