Prado question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Did the 2.8 diesel have a turbo option or is this add mistakenly identifying the engine? I'm thinking it's possibly a 2L-T with the smaller displacement.

Yeah, they’ve got their engines mixed up. That will be a 2.4 2L-TE. The 2.8 3L never came with a turbo.

30mpg is a pretty bold claim isn't it?
Never ever happening with a automatic trans , they are lucky if they get anything above 20 mpg .

Yeah, I got 18-20mpg with my automatic LJ78, and 19-21mpg with my manual LJ78 before the engine swap. Pretty stoked to be getting 22-26mpg now.

Never ever happening with a automatic trans , they are lucky if they get anything above 20 mpg .
I figured as much.

According to another local MUD member the current owner recently bought this for the purpose of flipping, so he's likely to have little actual driving experience with this model.

Yeah, I got 18-20mpg with my automatic LJ78, and 19-21mpg with my manual LJ78 before the engine swap. Pretty stoked to be getting 22-26mpg now.
I just recently picked up my KZJ78 and the first half tank only got about 16.5. I'm hoping it'll go up a bit since I switched the MTs out for ATs. Literally everything else about driving it is much better with the ATs so I'm hopeful.

30MPG is beyond bold! Just like the kei truck sellers claiming 45+ MPG 🤨

From the description, the seller doesn’t sound like they know much about the LJ platform. MPG isn’t really a selling point for any 70 series, but I guess that’s relative.

Good luck with the search for a Prado! Is the particular example you posted recently imported from Japan?

30MPG is beyond bold! Just like the kei truck sellers claiming 45+ MPG 🤨

From the description, the seller doesn’t sound like they know much about the LJ platform. MPG isn’t really a selling point for any 70 series, but I guess that’s relative.

Good luck with the search for a Prado! Is the particular example you posted recently imported from Japan?
I don't know how recently it was imported. The Prado is only of academic interest to me, on account of the fact we don't see uncommon Land Cruisers around here very often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom