Power window problem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 1993 FZJ80. Today while driving the DS window went down and would not go back up. The other windows worked OK. I could hear the window motor turning when I activated switch but no go. DS master window switch had to be removed to get door panel off. After removing the door panel I plugged the Master switch back in to see if I could activate switch while pulling up on window for a temporary fix. Now the motor won't turn and none of the other windows will operate. I thought maybe I popped a fuse while removing and reinstalling master switch. I checked all fuses in both fuse boxes with none blown. Did some reading and searching and found a few comments on the power window relay possibly being bad. Could someone advise me of its location and if this could possibly be the problem. Any help will be appreciated.

Relay is located in the Passenger Compartment Fuse Box

Do the power locks still work? The windows share the relay with the locks.

Relay is located in the Passenger Compartment Fuse Box

Do the power locks still work? The windows share the relay with the locks.
The power door locks do not work either.

Found it! It was blown. Much thanks for your assistance A2ShedsJackson. This is my daily driver so my main objective is to get the window back up even if it is a temporary fix. I will replace fuse/relay and see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom