Possible issues with disconnecting 12ht Charge Light Relay (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,
A week or so ago I posted about flickering warning lights on the dash of my HJ61 after washing the engine bay… now the lights are flickering or staying on randomly when the engine is running.
I replaced the alternator, but had to put the old one back in due to an issue with the vac system on me new one, and the lights didn’t come on for a week of daily driving (about 400km) up until today…
I have pulled apart and cleaned a heap of connectors, and have replaced the charge fuse, but it doesn’t make any difference.
I tried disconnecting the wiring plug from the Charge Light Relay under the dash, and checked everything else (apart from the warning lights!) was working - which it all appeared to be.
I checked voltage at the alternator with the engine running, high beams and spot lights on, it was 14.04v. At the battery it stayed at a steady 13.95 for the 5 or so minutes I idled the car.
My question is: Is anything likely to be affected if I drive without the wiring from the Charge Lamp Relay being plugged in? I am going on a 4000km trip in 4 days time, and will try to sort the issue before leaving, but if I can’t find the problem, I am considering leaving it unplugged to prevent the relay from constantly clicking in and out….
Thanks heaps for any info!
Drew

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom