1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poly Performance rear axle

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by 78-FJ40, Aug 17, 2006.

1. 78-FJ40

78-FJ40

Media:
    Who's using the Poly Performance rear chromo axle? Any problems with the install? Overall opinion of them?

I'll be moving up to 38's soon with longfields in the front and want a stronger rear axle also.

Thanks

2. woooody

woooody el Jefe

Install is VERY easy -- It's just an axle change. You do need new studs. I re-used my old ones.

3. petescoffee

petescoffee

Also install new axle seals while your their. NEw bearings if you need them.

4. woody

woody unhelpful spotter Staff Member Admin

Media:
    Albums:
    IMO, while I think the chromo rears are nice insurance, I've never broken a stock FJ40 rear axle shaft or the minitruck ones I have installed now....

I've busted LOTS of other stuff tho, including a short side Poly Performance Gen2 front inner axle...cryo'd pinions, t-case shafts, welded Longs, and more....just never a rear shaft....

5. Mace

Mace rock scientist.. Staff Member s-Moderator

I have broken stock rear shafts and seen others break them as well. On 38's..

They are a good idea IMHO

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">