Events/Trails PNW Toyota Crew hits Tahuya (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That must have been some good spotting.....;)
Def, thanks for the spot buddy!!!

Looks like a great time!

How did the BFG KO2 work in that messy stuff? And tires perform better?

Looks like a great time, I had to hit a couple events that could have waited to Sunday but I didn't think the Michelin Lattitudes would be reasonable for the anticipated conditions.

Oh no! I missed this too. Looks like it was a great time. Any plans for another outing?

@jpurcell did an excellent job spotting. Thank you Ken and Family for the great pics. Enjoyed taking it slow with @LandForce1.

After almost turning back, I become comfortable with the plan of "Let just see if the 200 fits." (See post #7) That plan turned into sliding about a foot on the sliders until I was teeter-tottering between the tree and the rock. None of the four wheels had any traction. Out came the traction mats. Engaged crawl and pulled forward another foot before getting off the rock. I was probably about 2in or lower then the rest or the crew.

I gave the stock suspension and skid plates one final workout. I have appointment with Torfab mid next month. Tough Dog 45mm kit with longer airbags. Budbuilt skid plates are on order. Hopefully there is a noticeable improvement when I do the same course again. The Slee sliders worked flawlessly. No vistable dents/bending even after sitting on them while everyone took pictures. Just need to use the rattle can.

Here is a pic of another spot, were JPurcell yelled out "stop". Looks like I has not paying attention to my back right. Luckily no damage. Other than few pin stripes and scratches on the back corners. The Tow wiring is still in place.

I am running BFG KO2's. The course was not a muddy as it looks, so the AT's keep up with Ken/Jpurcell's MT's.

Last edited:
@jpurcell did an excellent job spotting. Thank you Ken and Family for the great pics. Enjoyed taking it slow with @LandForce1.

After almost turning back, I become comfortable with the plan of "Let just see if the 200 fits." (See post #7) That plan turned into sliding about a foot on the sliders until I was teeter-tottering between the tree and the rock. None of the four wheels had any traction. Out came the traction mats. Engaged crawl and pulled forward another foot before getting off the rock. I was probably about 2in or lower then the rest or the crew.

I gave the stock suspension and skid plates one final workout. I have appointment with Torfab mid next month. Tough Dog 45mm kit with longer airbags. Budbuilt skid plates are on order. Hopefully there is a noticeable improvement when I do the same course again. The Slee sliders worked flawlessly. No vistable dents/bending even after sitting on them while everyone took pictures. Just need to use the rattle can.

Here is a pic of another spot, were JPurcell yelled out "stop". Looks like I has not paying attention to my back right. Luckily no damage. Other than few pin stripes and scratches on the back corners. The Tow wiring is still in place.

I am running BFG KO2's. The course was not a muddy as it looks, so the AT's keep up with Ken/Jpurcell's MT's.
Thanks @Eisbaer I had a good time. Nice to see you again.

You did really good for being stock height! You will definitely notice a difference with the lift, and skids can give you more confidence.

One thing though, I did not yell stop because you weren't paying attention, but because I wanted that picture ;)

Hope to get back out soon.

@LandForce1 it was good to meet you too. Hope you can make it next time as well.

Great pics... makes me miss home. My overseas tour will be up in October of this year and I'll be back in WA - looking forward to joining you all.

I really need to get up north and join you guys during one of our extended trips to the PNW. We have focused on Oregon, particularly central Oregon, as we have our trailer stored in Bend. But one of our sons is in Seattle so it would make for a good excuse to head north. We'll be out in the PNW in June and again in Sept/Oct.

And as for the lift, how much for those trucks that cleared the rock? Would I need a full 2"? I think I'm about 1.5". Maybe a bit less. I'm at about 21.5 to 22" from center of hub cap to the fender. Then I have 285/65R18 KO2s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom