Plumbing-faucet. Wuestion. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Diverter knob broken so I'm tring replace tub faucet. How do I remove this ? I need to get back to copper line to install new faucet.

image-1870046230.jpg

image-1870046230.jpg

should just slide on/off...may, twist....but I think it's a pressure fit

looks pretty calcified...take some apple cider vinegar and clean it up

will it pull out of the tub any further? if yes, heres what i would consider: put some needle nosed vice grips as far back as you can on the tubing to prevent it from sneaking back up into the tub. then cut off the fitting leaving as much exposed copper pipe as you can. if you need to extend the copper back out you could sweat on an extension, or just work with what you have if possible.

Hi, Closet on back side? If so cut out from back or unsolder and put in new pipe and fitting. Mike

No closet on the backside. Most of the replacement faucets at the store have threads in a different position and come with their own plastic adaptor that needs to go on a clean pipe.

Last edited:
Looks like Delta to me. I just installed a tub spout with the same piece. It's soldered on - I had to solder mine.

It's made to be universal to several different Delta styles so you can interchange them, I think.

Probably won't fit any of the universal replacements out there.

Looks like Delta to me. I just installed a tub spout with the same piece. It's soldered on - I had to solder mine.

It's made to be universal to several different Delta styles so you can interchange them, I think.

Probably won't fit any of the universal replacements out there.

Yep. Exactly what I was thinking.

That is Delta and it is soldered. You can heat it and melt the solder to get it off or you can get another Delta spout and thread it on. Personally I would go to a plumbing supply store and get a Delta spout. Sorry I was late to the party.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom