Please help me decide: Cooper STC or BFG AT (1 Viewer)

Which allrounder 235/85R16s for BJ42 Stocker Touring

• BFG T/A KO

Votes: 28 63.6%
  • Cooper St-C

Votes: 10 22.7%
  • Choose something else - please comment...

Votes: 6 13.6%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Better late than never. I vote for he BFG a/t's. I will never buy another tire. No question.

Better late than never. I vote for he BFG a/t's. I will never buy another tire. No question.
X2!! I've run about 7 sets of BFG's in about 6 different sizes. Wear awesome if you rotate them regularly and ride great. Will never buy another tire!

The BFG's have been great for me too. Very happy with them (and I switched from MT's). My use is very similar to what yours is projected to be.

i used to love bfg's for daily drivers, but now that they have their "rim guard", i won't buy them again. when you air down, that becomes a scoop and pulls crap inbetween the bead and the rim. three times i've had flats from that.

BFG's on everything I own, been runnin' them for years.
Even talked the company to run the comercial TA's on our smaller trucks, wear like iron compaired to other brands.

BFG T/A
Those puppies wear like iron and work great in most conditions except mud. I found they do not self clear in gumbo type mud very well. I had them on my DD the whole time I had a 70 RT commute. No traction issues on snow ice or in the rain.
I still have them and use them for "everyday" driving. They are now over ten years old and I'm a bit worried about the side walls.

I also had them on my GMC 3/4 ton, they did well there also but didn't get as many miles as on the 40. Way better than any other tire I used on that rig though.

used to run 33x10.5 bfg at's on my old rig.... loved 'em.. great tire

What about a Cooper SST?? Nice....

Cheers!

Another choice Dunlop Radial Rover R/T...

P1010093_1.JPG

For daily driver the BFGs. Had them on 5 trucks: all daily driven; company trucks; various drivers; all 4x4's. Had no difficulty around construction sites during the week and beaches on the weekends. A high tire rotation speed is needed to "force" a self clean in thick mud (Waipio red). Wear? what wear! they seem to go on & on.
Also had good luck with the similarly rated Kelly's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom