Please Confirm OEM O2 Sensors Availability. OBD1 93-95 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

View attachment 2693421

Same part number for a 93 on there website.

Strange, they replaced by 89465-60110 which is the kit you mentioned that is discontinued. At least you can order them separately, or so they claim
Ah thanks -- missed that "replaced by" language...hadn't come across the individual sensor numbers before in my research, just the kit number. Good to know.

You cannot order the o2 sensors individually or in kit form anymore.

They are all discontinued.

Aftermarket only.

Thanks, @Onur, for the confirmation.

Was able to order the Denso for my 93 and hopefully tomorrow I can install them. Will post once I get them in.

You cannot order the o2 sensors individually or in kit form anymore.

They are all discontinued.

Aftermarket only.
Thanks - will Densos work for OBD1 without modification (read some threads about needing to tweak them)? Seems like NTK are preferable but those are not as easy to find seems.

Thanks - will Densos work for OBD1 without modification (read some threads about needing to tweak them)? Seems like NTK are preferable but those are not as easy to find seems.

AFAIK Denso 234 4520 is plug and play. There is one you can buy cheaper without the connector. Maybe that is the one you are talking about?

AFAIK Denso 234 4520 is plug and play. There is one you can buy cheaper without the connector. Maybe that is the one you are talking about?
I’m referring to re-wiring the Densos:

I received my Denso 234-4520 yesterday. Denso box, but inside is a NTK OEM Toyota 89465-60051. The wire measures 10" from the metal crimp to the tip of the plastic connector. It also has the push in plastic bracket, which is seen on the bank1 sensor.

So hopefully GTG today.

20210604_200059.jpg

20210604_200124.jpg

20210604_200134.jpg

20210604_200547.jpg

I received my Denso 234-4520 yesterday. Denso box, but inside is a NTK OEM Toyota 89465-60051. The wire measures 10" from the metal crimp to the tip of the plastic connector. It also has the push in plastic bracket, which is seen on the bank1 sensor.

So hopefully GTG today.

View attachment 2695238

View attachment 2695239

View attachment 2695240

View attachment 2695241

Nice - good luck. Where did you order from? Confirmed one of my sensors is shot so will replace both (think they’re both short tail?). Thanks.

Nice - good luck. Where did you order from? Confirmed one of my sensors is shot so will replace both (think they’re both short tail?). Thanks.

For plug and play Amazon is showing cheapest for me with free shipping. You may want to search if you can find it cheaper.

Amazon product ASIN B0018JQHZY
or

DIY one if you want to go that way. Cheaper, but you will need to splice in.

For plug and play Amazon is showing cheapest for me with free shipping. You may want to search if you can find it cheaper.

Amazon product ASIN B0018JQHZY
or

DIY one if you want to go that way. Cheaper, but you will need to splice in.

Thanks -- I found the long tail NTKs at this place and bought two since it will work for both right and left banks: 24044 - NTK Oxygen (O2) Sensor - B & B Performance - http://bbperformance.com/ntk/ntk-oxygen-o2-sensor/24044/i-138301.aspx

Will update once installed

Yeah I saw they have the Toyota ones, was tempted to get them. But figured if Wit's sells the NTKs, worth trying those and saving ~$200. Maybe I'll learn the hard way but hopefully not since some folks have had good experiences with NTK from previous posts.

@matzell -- which dealer did you order from? I'm having trouble finding OEM sensors. I've been about an hour digging on Mud and most research on OBD1 sensors is mixed, saying either the NTK or Denso ones are either for OBD2/95-97 and won't fit, or if they do, they will crap out. I've found some from Partsouq on eBay but looks like it doesn't come with the gasket or nuts like the OEM kits. Does anyone know where to source those? Thanks.
McGeorge is my local dealer. I may be old school but I pick up the phone, talk to a live person and get the part rather than spend hours on the web surfing.

892AA867-0112-4BCD-AFD2-6A794D150A8E.jpeg

085CFD8E-523F-4A5E-A156-2A45AF9F6488.jpeg

McGeorge is my local dealer. I may be old school but I pick up the phone, talk to a live person and get the part rather than spend hours on the web surfing.

View attachment 2696245

View attachment 2696246
@matzell -- is this the short or long tail? The place where I ordered my longtail NTKs just said they actually don't have them so I'm back to the drawing board. I found a dealer who may have this one (89465-69115) but want to check first the length. Could only find via searching this is for RH, but unclear what that means for length.

It is the front sensor.

Ah thanks. I need the rear…hope yours works out well

The 93-94 have a side by side configuration, one in front of each cat, not front and back. Due to harness routing there is a difference in length on the O2 pigtails.

The 93-94 have a side by side configuration, one in front of each cat, not front and back. Due to harness routing there is a difference in length on the O2 pigtails.
thanks -- Wit's has them listed as front/rear so that's why I was using those terms. Regardless, I need the longer of the two, which I think is the left?

thanks -- Wit's has them listed as front/rear so that's why I was using those terms. Regardless, I need the longer of the two, which I think is the left?
Nashua Toyota has 89465-69075 in stock it seems, which other MUD searches say is the left side (which I'm hoping is the longer sensors, but I cannot confirm). Strangely, they list it as right side. They do not have the other sensor, 89465-69065.

1623361663004.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom