Plastic Water Deflector Behind the Door Panels Still Available? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I searched but wasn't able to find if these are still available or not from the dealer. Mine are all torn up and would like to replace them before putting on the door panels.
FJ80 Door Water Deflector.JPG

Thanks!! They do have them on the website and have pictures with the part numbers as well!!

So far, I came up with these part number for the front and rear ones and they are still available from the dealership.

The front 67831-60030
The rear 67841-60040

What's the correct name or brand of the black sealant that's used to seal vapor barrier, it stays pliable and tacky. With new vapor barrier new goo would be needed. Would like to replace vapor barrier when working on widow motors and tracks.

What's the correct name or brand of the black sealant that's used to seal vapor barrier, it stays pliable and tacky. With new vapor barrier new goo would be needed. Would like to replace vapor barrier when working on widow motors and tracks.
What you’re looking for is “butyl tape”. Should be able to get a roll of it at your local auto part store. It’s like a gigantic piece of licorice. If you roll it between your fingers you can turn 1/4” tape into 1/8” tape and make it go a lot further.

you could also trace and cut then out from some thick clear contractor bags
You can definitely do it this way, but the Toyota pieces aren’t flat. They have recessed areas for the 95+ door card lights and the door lock computer to keep it on the inside and dry.

Your looking for Bitumen Butyl tape. Its the black gooey never drying tape that seals the poly sheet to the door.
Amazon product ASIN B013IPYTXWYou can use any heavy poly sheet cut to shape. My guess is its 3-5 mil thick.
Use a heat gun to soften it where the pockets are, and form it at assembly.

are the part numbers the same for left and right (as different indentations)?

For what it's worth, I used clear shower curtains for my Datsun Z. They're super thick, and I got two for $10.00.

Finally was able to get one door done after fixing the door lock. Shown before and after.

396F01CF-B484-49B0-B708-32BA3AC7C058.jpeg

26268669-C221-4FA7-8D43-6006F69D004A.jpeg

just done both of mine. Heavy rain overnight so will go check and see if dry on bottom ; where it was getting bottom of door card wet all the time. Didn't have buytl tape so had to use sealant - messy!

Here is the buytl sealant/glue I used for my door. It is rounded and 9mm thick which made it pretty easy to apply and not very messy at all. Initially I thought that it was too thick but used it anyway as it was leftover from my previous headlight lens swap/repair. It worked out pretty nice and I went ahead and ordered 2 more of the same sealant/glue for my other remaining doors.

Just got the front one done today. Had to ordered and waited for the butyl adhesive to come in. The front plastic barrier came without the cut out for the speaker as you can see. So be prepared for little trimming around the speaker.

DB435283-2875-47C9-8760-3572EE900AA4.jpeg

93536BCA-AC74-4264-ADD8-07499F326682.jpeg

6E9336CE-99CB-4540-8F5B-B06DEE56FCA8.jpeg

E367DED9-029C-4874-AF00-C9069EDF761C.jpeg

@70rtconv, what is the name of the brown tape you used to replace the original at the top and bottom of the vapor barrier?

Shipping tape from Staples.

0DDD53F6-ECFA-463F-9BBC-B27651AE0A15.jpeg

Thanks. I knew the tape looked familiar but wasn't sure if was the same stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom