Planning to do the Southern California Backroad Discovery Route - 817 miles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Im starting to plan out an overlanding trip from Yuma to Benton. BDR has done an excellent job providing detailed information including gps tracks for the route.

You can see it here:

Im interested to learn if anyone else has run this route or any part of it in a 4x4 and to see if anyone else would be interested in joining into a convoy. I am not sure when I can pull off a trip of this size. Itll have to align with the weather and work. Im thinking early october 2019 or May 2020.

I drive a 1996 Toyota Land Cruiser with a 4in lift on 35s. I have essential gear for offroading and lots for camping. Im open to all ideas and recommendations.

If anyone has thoughts, please share on this thread or message me.

Im going to start posting some gear I think I may need here. Im thinking ill use this thread for organizing everything.

Emergency Communication:

Another option:

Sub'd.

Looks like a cool trip.

Im going to start posting some gear I think I may need here. Im thinking ill use this thread for organizing everything.

Emergency Communication:
This Garmin device had me quite excited until I saw that it required an Iridium satellite network subscription to work. Do they offer a pre-paid or one month card yet? Iridium Prepaid Calling | Iridium Satellite Communications did not link to any US suppliers of their pre-paid calling.

You can pay for that just by the month, or least there's a version of that you can. You don't need the calling plan, you can just get the SOS and texting plan which is cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom