Planning for a tourism in USA and I want to ship my car (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi everyone I hope all doing well.
I have two cars land cruiser 70 2018. I'm planning to come in united states for a tourism and would like to ship my land cruiser 70 for cruising and doing some off-road then go back to my home.

Is it possible and what is the USA regulations for tourists who wants bring his car.

As a general rule, all motor vehicles imported into the United States that are less than 25 years old must comply with all applicable Federal motor vehicle safety standards (FMVSS), or be brought into compliance with those standards by a Registered Importer. Vehicles temporarily imported in the following circumstances are exempt from this requirement and do not have to be modified to conform to the FMVSS. A DOT HS-7 Declaration form (available at ports of entry or at http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/import) must be completed for each vehicle imported. NONRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES A vehicle registered in a country other than the United States may be imported for personal use by a non-resident of the United States for a period not to exceed one year. The vehicle cannot be sold while in the United States and must be exported within one year from the date of entry. This period cannot be extended under any circumstances. The importer’s passport number and the name of the country that issued the passport must be supplied on the HS-7 Declaration form. Use Box 5 on the HS-7 Declaration form.

Temporary Importations

As a general rule, all motor vehicles imported into the United States that are less than 25 years old must comply with all applicable Federal motor vehicle safety standards (FMVSS), or be brought into compliance with those standards by a Registered Importer. Vehicles temporarily imported in the following circumstances are exempt from this requirement and do not have to be modified to conform to the FMVSS. A DOT HS-7 Declaration form (available at ports of entry or at http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/import) must be completed for each vehicle imported. NONRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES A vehicle registered in a country other than the United States may be imported for personal use by a non-resident of the United States for a period not to exceed one year. The vehicle cannot be sold while in the United States and must be exported within one year from the date of entry. This period cannot be extended under any circumstances. The importer’s passport number and the name of the country that issued the passport must be supplied on the HS-7 Declaration form. Use Box 5 on the HS-7 Declaration form.

Temporary Importations
Thanks for your comment. What about my driving licence should I extract driving licence from FIA? or my local driving licence is fine because it's temporary and just for tourism?

Thanks for your comment. What about my driving licence should I extract driving licence from FIA? or my local driving licence is fine because it's temporary and just for tourism?

oh that one I don't know about

I think it depends on what states your going to be driving in?

International Driving Permit (IDP) would be a good idea for sure. You will need to do a google search and find out what US states requires from a foreign visitor who will be driving.

International Driving Permit (IDP) would be a good idea for sure.
IDP and your license from home and you'll be fine.
You can keep your foreign registered car in the US for no more than a year, and you can't sell it while it's here.
That's pretty much it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom