Pioneer AVH-P8400BH installed in '95 FZJ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice work. I will do the same for my AUX & USB when I do my stereo.

autobon7 said:
How many hours did it take to complete?

About an hour with a bench top drill press and a couple small hand files. That includes trimming the USB cord and JB welding it in place. The hole and countersink for the stereo jack was very quick. Getting the rectangular hole the right size and shape with the hand files was the most tedious part. The next night it took about 20 minutes to install, would have been less if I hadn't replaced the cigarette lighter at the same time.

Nice work on the USB & 3.5" plate. I have the exact same setup and was curious how you mounted the 3.5" nut. Does the hole go all the way through and the nut is friction fit into the hole or is it JB welded in place as well? My model has a shoulder on the 3.5" fitting below the threaded piece. I made a hole and reamed it a bit for the shoulder to fit but the nut is on the top of the insert. I like the flush fit so much better.

Sorry to bring back the dead. I really like the USB in the plate. Can you tell me in greater detail how you did that?

I want to know with the pioneer head units will they work with any back up camera? I tried installing one and I know I got the back up camera wire correct but I cannot get a picture. I used a cheap one but gets great ratings on Amazon. I am pretty sure any camera will work just wanting to verify.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom