Picture of stock battery cables hooked up (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Smart guy here didn't take a picture before teardown and I just about have my rig back together, but there's one problem. I have one more large terminal to attach to the battery. I dont recall if it was a pos or neg connection.

Here's the wire in question. I believe it's a positive connection because it goes into a bigger harness that heads in the direction of the starter. Possible the hot wire to the starter? Not sure without tearing the harness covering, tape, etc.
IMG_20170318_215310586.jpg

Here's the battery. IIRC, I thought there was another large wire to the pos side?
IMG_20170318_215401804.jpg

Yeah, rookie move. It was late in the day and my leg was really starting to drag me down into exhaustion. Any help appreciated.
P

Looks to me like it's the positive wire to the starter. You already have a large wire running from the neg terminal into the starter area, and other than what appears to be your accessory wire, no large positive cable that would be needed to start the truck.

To be sure, check for continuity between the visible end and the other end hooked to the starter. With the starter solenoid not engaged there shouldn't be any path to ground to confuse things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom