Pics of Olive Drab rigs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm thinking of painting the FJ40 Olive Drab. I can't find any "GOOD" pics to help me make up my mind. Please post any pics you may have. Also, I have read that OD fades very quickly; any thoughts?

I had a 1986 toytota pickup that I painted olive with camo racing stripes it may have faded a bit but I thought it looked better with age, sorry I don't have any pictures.

1st pic is tyke moses's fj45 from "poor wally's land cruiser emoporium"
IMG_9757 wallys 45.jpg
14oGran2Leon%20002%20(Small).jpg
drape63_interior2.jpg

Isn't that the 653??
Dave

There was a thread like this awhile back. The thread I am thinking of used the abbreviation "OD". Try a search under OD green cruisers.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Here is mine
it's a none factory color, gunspraying or brushing gives the differents in shade between the tub and the doors
And it's fading as we speak:bounce:, but i think its getting better, i did not liked the shiny look as fresh painted.

Last edited:
When my rig was being built my buddy & I contemplated Camo or Olive Drab, but settled on a lighter green with a clear coat, 6 years later its holding up well. One of these days I'll have the doors painted.
Chris
mud green 1.jpg

I gotta say I do like the way those OD cruisers look. I'm really leaning towards dressing mine out in some OD. It just looks tough and rugged. OD is easy to paint and will hide a lot of imperfections in the body. Keep the pics coming, I like what I see.

I had a 1978 FJ40 that I painted lusterless olive drab from PPG. I used half of the flatner that it called for and it gave the truck a very cool matte finish. I never had a problem with fading and since it was mat and not flat it was much easier to clean.

My Tlc's One In Ultra Flat OD Green and One in Ultra Flat Desert Tan

Here is a 75 fj40 in Krylon ultra flat OD green i fixed up a few years back to play in. This was my first landcruiser to ever fix up when i was 18. The other one is Krylon ultra flat Desert Tan. This is the first one i ever fixed up to sell.
ultra flat OD green.jpg
ultra flat Desert tan.jpg

My puke green 79 bj which will be painted a military looking flat green in the near future and my dad's 78 fj factory olive.
costa easter 08 286.jpg
P1030136.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom