PIAA Lights question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just got these lights on Ebay.
f0ce_1.JPG

Is there any reason why I can't use my old fog light switch on my dash to operate these instead of mounting the switch that comes with them? My OE fog light were on the factory bumper that has now been replaced by an ARB.

I just got these lights on Ebay.
f0ce_1.JPG

Is there any reason why I can't use my old fog light switch on my dash to operate these instead of mounting the switch that comes with them? My OE fog light were on the factory bumper that has now been replaced by an ARB.

Nope, we use the factory fog light switches to run aux lights in the Tacos, and use that same switch in the FJC as well.

You should be able to use your current switch as long as the bulbs in the PIAA's draw no more wattage than your current/old set up. (From the look of the PIAA switch, it looks like they use either H3/H1 and not H4 so it should work, as long as the wattage issue is OK).

Good luck!

Mot

Nope, we use the factory fog light switches to run aux lights in the Tacos, and use that same switch in the FJC as well.

Hey Jacque!

OK, so I noticed that the Switch only works when the Headlight switch is on and it's set to low beam.

If I use the Wiring Harness that came with the lights, and connect the Wires from the OE Switch to the switch wires on the Harness. Will it still be connected to the Headlights? I would reather the PIAA lights be complelety independent of the Truck lights.

Also, what color wires come out of the factory switch to connect to the PIAA harness??

Thanks Man,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom